Warning This site is not recommended for Internet Explorer browsers. Please use another web browser to get a better experience.
The Safran Heritage Center is responsible for the conservation, management, communication and promotion of heritage documents belonging to Safran. Created on July 1 2006, this center is a reflection of Safran’s desire to conserve, communicate and share its history, built on passion and innovation over more than a century.
We ensure Safran heritage's conservation and integrity
- Create and implement projects to promote and disseminate the Group’s heritage internally.
- Advise internal and external visitors as well as Safran Museum on research requests and simplify visitor access to the heritage collections.
- Establish and develop external relations with former Group employee associations, the “heritage” divisions of aviation groups, trade associations, museums, etc.
- Put in place an agreement between the companies and Safran SA to transfer their visual and audiovisual heritage collections to Safran Heritage Center.
Becoming a member
Your professional and personal archives have great historical value, however or whenever they were made: photographs, videos, printed documents (newsletters, internal company reviews, leaflets relating to equipment), objects and more. We need your help so that we can add to our collections and conserve your documents correctly! Safran Heritage Center will then be able to showcase your documents through exhibitions, documentaries or articles.
Whether a gift or a loan, Safran Heritage Center shall provide you with a written certificate of your contribution by means of a form or a transfer report.
An exhibition, documentary, video, article or book?
If so, Safran Heritage Center will support you with your project to:
- Target your needs in order to provide you with the documentary and/or visual collections that will best suit your project.
- Provide you with useful media: visuals, printed documents, videos, posters and promotional items from our extensive and diverse database.
- Advise you on the communication and promotion of these collections.
To see more photos and contact the Safran Heritage Center team, you can also consult the Heritage Media Library. This database, which is accessible through the Internet, contains a selection of photographs taken from the collections held by Safran Heritage Center. Public access is open to all Internet users and private access, subject to authentication and on request, is restricted to certain professional users (press, universities, museums).
- Associations of former Group employees: Association des Amis du Musée Safran (AAMS), Association des Amis Labinal Villemur (AALV), Association des Anciens de Messier (ACAM), Association des Cadres et Assimilés Retraités des sociétés Snecma (ACARS)
- Safran Museum, Air and Space Museum (Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace), Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Defense archive department (Service Historique de la Défense (SHD))
- Dassault Aviation, Renault, Orange, Air France, etc.
To discover more pictures....
- © Safran
- © Safran Patrimoine
- © Safran Heritage Center
- © Espace Patrimoine Safran
- © Snecma