Parlons de votre future mission
Working in the Simulation and Means team to perform various simulations, analysis and evaluations of components, assemblies and products using various analysis tools and techniques. This is carried out at all stages of the product design process, from identification of initial opportunity through to successful operation in service.
• Lead simulation work packages and, depending on the scope, this may involve managing or co-ordinating the work of others
• Where work packages are required, plan schedules and milestones for the project
• No direct financial responsibility but will work within the project budget to meet programme deadlines
• Where work packages are outsourced, liaising with outsourcing organisation and their personnel
• Accountable for delivering work package outcomes to design project teams
• Performs various simulations, analysis and evaluations of components, assemblies and products using various analysis tools and techniques e.g. hand calculations, FE analysis of static structural (linear / non-linear), dynamic, modal, vibration, thermal and stress analysis
• Using their simulation, analysis and evaluation expertise, solves technical problems relating to product design in order to achieve the programme objective
• Oversees an agreed scope of work, working with others to ensure the simulation, analysis or evaluation contributes to the integrity of the overall design solution
• Plans work schedules (that may involve others in the project or work package) and plans project milestones for each phase of the project, working within the project budget to meet programme deadlines.
• Liaises with Lead Engineers and Project / Programme Managers to stay abreast of customer needs and to anticipate forward demand.
• Support the Simulation and Means team with long-range planning for the team to ensure the development of team members and processes.
• Authoring, reviewing and approving engineering documentation related to Simulation and Means activities.
• Provide training and guidance on stress, vibration, fatigue and rotordynamics principles in order to grow the skill throughout the Design community
Et en complément ?
Key performance measures:
• Delivery against assigned milestones and project tasks or work packages delivered on time, to quality and to budget.
• Technical reports are produced and are of a high quality and aligned with process and procedural requirements.
• Performance objectives, agreed during annual performance reviews, and satisfactorily completed within the agreed timescales.
• Support and mentoring, generates demonstrable skills growth within the team.
• Achievement of Engineering Approval status or higher.
Parlons de vous
• Ideally Degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline
• Good experience and understanding of product, assembly and component analysis, with experience of Ansys workbench
• Experience in LS-Dyna and N-Code
• Good knowledge of CAD tools and their capabilities
• Good experience and understanding of bearing selection and lifetime calculation
• Experience of supervising others
• Effective project management with, ideally, some client relationship management and commercial skills.
• Can work in a time pressurised manufacturing environment and resolve daily product issues and technical problems. Can drive technical decisions.
• Excellent communication skills in order to manage others
• Can produce competent technical reports.
• Can perform advanced stress hand calculations, structural (linear / non-linear) analysis, dynamic, modal, vibration, thermal and stress analysis.
• Good knowledge of materials and their properties and their use in engineering design.
• Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
• Experience in the aerospace industry would be beneficial.
• Awareness of CFD analysis would be beneficial.
• Awareness of manufacturing process would be beneficial.
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 11 500 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.
- © Safran