Parlons de votre future mission
• To increase our capability and understanding, of designing, manufacturing and certifying, composite & mechanical hardware applications, in-order to meet the challenges of our current and future motor, generator and system requirements.
Composite Component Design:
Utilising your knowledge and experience of composite design and manufacture techniques, to develop and deliver robust solutions that meet the arduous requirements of aerospace electrical motor and generator applications. Key to this will be coupling the right material choice and manufacturing pathway to produce the right part. at the right time and the right price. Apply industry best practices to create lightweight, durable, and efficient composite components that meet the highest quality standards and regulatory requirements.
Structural Analysis and Optimisation:
Perform design calculations to complement/justify your design theory, and to support the analysis departments (FEA & CFD) in evaluating and validating your proposals, against overall product performance.
Collaboration and Interdisciplinary Communication:
Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including multi-physics, verification & validation, manufacturing engineers, and suppliers. Participate in design reviews and provide technical expertise to ensure robust integration of composite components into the overall equipment design. There will also be a need to collaborate with external industrial and academic partners (within the UK and Internationally) on next generation composite design, production methods and novel composite materials.
Provide guidance and support to manufacturing teams and supply chain throughout the composite design and manufacturing process. Work in collaboration with industrialisation engineers, manufacturing engineers and supply chain to ensure efficient and high-quality manufacturing processes.
Testing and Validation:
Oversee the development of test plans and testing activities, to verify the performance and durability of the product and of the constituent composite components. Contribute to the continuous improvement of design, manufacturing and verification best practices through the analysis of test data. Best practices of non-destructive will be considered, to ensure that production remains at the highest possible standard.
Parlons de vous
• Bachelors or Master's degree qualification and/or equivalent industry experience in a mechanical engineering / design related field.
• Demonstrable experience, combining your mechanical engineering skills and the application of composite design techniques and principals, to products, preferably within the aerospace, automotive or motorsport industries. Experience with electric motor and generator type hardware, i.e. shafts, rotors, stators, housings etc. would be highly desirable.
• Knowledge of composite manufacturing and assembly processes, and the capability to design products suitable for manufacture, production and ultimately in-service flight conditions. (Experience with techniques such as 'High Tension Filament Winding' would be advantageous, and knowledge of aerospace Certification for these types of structures would be highly desirable).
• Proficiency with 3D CAD software packages and PLM databases (e.g., CATIA 5.0, Siemens NX, Teamcentre or Windchill).
• Experience of performance testing and/or usage of composite components in harsh environments.
• Practical knowledge on different Non- Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques for composite production verification.
• Understanding of structural analysis tools (e.g. FEA) and experience in interpreting results.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities, yielding innovative and practical solutions.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of cross-functional (internal/external) team collaboration.
Localisez votre futur site
Westfield Road LU7 9RH