Parlons de votre future mission
The Engineering Accelerator Manager leads and coordinates activities required to accelerate and optimise the development and introduction of new and disruptive products and the Pitstone Engineering Process. This will include two main areas of influence and responsibility:
1) Lead and coordinate activities to facilitate the convergence of product definition for current and future development projects with challenging and conflicting requirements, allowing accelerated introduction of novel, optimised Engineering solutions and features through a dynamic risk reduction process based on rapid prototyping in a less regulated framework. These solutions will span product technology and architecture, industrialisation and V&V domains, so requiring coordination across the relevant business functions.
2) To provide guidance and assistance to development project teams, with the support of appropriate internal and external resources, to optimise the delivery of work packages and projects with respect to timescale, budget and resource usage, and to plan and control the risks of integration of Engineering solutions and features into current development projects.
3) To oversee and guide Engineering Capability Improvement activities managed by the Engineering Management Team in order to maximise their effectiveness.
Within the scope of their responsibility, the Engineering Accelerator Manager will lead and coordinate project management, design, purchasing, prototyping and testing activities across the Pitstone team. They will be the focal point for internal and external partnerships in support of their roadmap responsibilities: within Safran, with external companies, with academic institutions and with Catapults.
The role will facilitate the definition of, and coordinate the delivery of, the steps and improvements required to create a capable environment for timely delivery of engineering solutions, and of Technology Readiness Level objectives. Further, it will contribute to technology and engineering capability roadmaps and will provide a crucial link between Engineering, PMO (including technical project support) and Programmes in order to construct and deliver effective and efficient strategic investments.
The role will require frequent business trips to Safran sites, partners and suppliers across UK and France.
Et en complément ?
Accountable for leading and coordinating the end-to-end engineering activities from ideas to prototyping and Engineering capability improvement, by coordinating cross functional teams covering engineering, project management, purchasing and prototyping. The role holder will work with Power Division Engineering and Program leads to define scope, budget and framework to conduct the activities. The role holder will have local responsibility for the project management support team, leading establishment of robust project management practices. The role holder will have the following responsibilities:
• Internal stakeholder satisfaction – timely delivery of technical solutions, knowledge and practices for insertion into development and R&T programmes to support as appropriate: product performance, manufacturability, competitiveness, certifiability and project timescale adherence.
• Development of management best practices for engineering project activities.
• Definition of project charters within the scope of the role
• Definition, development and deployment of the Fast Track framework
• Dynamic management of project and technical risks
• Direct team Management and coordination across functions to assure alignment of resources with the agreed plan
• Coordination of various prototyping labs and analysis providers operating within the Fast Track framework
• Overall functional team size: target ~10 allocated engineers and ~2 PMO or project support engineers.
Parlons de vous
Education and/or Experience
• Requires a degree in a related field with significant demonstrable related experience in cross functional team, program/customer management in similar business as equipment supplier.
• Good financial understanding and practical experience of delivery to budget
• Strong understanding and experience of project management and practices
• Must be experienced in project/program and partner/supplier management, team leadership and coordination
• Strong proven experience within aerospace or similar technology environment
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
• Experience of managing improved performance in underperforming teams/organisations
• Coaching skills to develop team with the ability to encourage, guide and motivate others to be successful
• Proven leadership skills within an engineering services or manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Emotional Skills: Emotionally resilient and able to drive suppliers effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment.
• Leadership skills: Well developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels and engage stakeholders. Possesses the necessary enthusiasm, desire to succeed and discipline to achieve significant results for the organisation. Tenacious approach to continuous improvement with proven ability to implement improvements that deliver increased operational performance
• Reference systems and processes: understanding of Engineering Development and TRL processes
• Collaboration: Strong experience in working in a Matrix organization environment and strong program/project management skills.
• Proactive and driven approach
• Communication skills: Effective communicator, able to influence and get cooperation and action of others and relate with people at all levels of the organisation. Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create and maintain an environment that encourages and supports creativity, changes and entrepreneurship – fast track to maturity
• Must possess skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project – Advanced
• Results driven: Proven experience of achieving targets through managing risks within a dynamic environment. Ability to develop and motivate others through the use of a variety of techniques e.g. coaching, mentoring to build an effective team
• Project management: Lead the extended PMO team to drive best practices and ensure Lead Engineers are adequately supported. Full understanding of the project management methodology and ability to adapt implementation for Fast Track framework.
• Risk and opportunity management: Anticipate and manage difficulties in advance (PROACTIVE). Assess and manage supplier-related risks.
- © Safran