Parlons de votre future mission
To manage the strategy of a specific commodities for Safran Electrical & Power. The primary
function of the role is to define and execute appropriate commodity strategies to support the
overall site and divisional needs.
• To ensure that the commodity being managed has over 90% of the spend covered by
Agreements or Contracts
• To deliver savings of 2% per annum against direct material spend within the Commodity.
• Define, Elaborate and Manage the commodity strategy roadmap, ensuring that appropriate
supplier panels are in place to support the technology requirements of the future business.
• Constantly analyse the supply base associated to the commodity and reduce, refine, and
rationalize on an ongoing basis.
• Execute claims against suppliers in the case of poor quality and/or delivery.
• Ensure delivery of strategic Quarterly Business Reviews for key and strategic suppliers.
Ensure follow through of appropriate actions and delivery of projects as required.
• Aggressive and professional execution of contract management to ensure that Safran obtain
all available value from contracts agreed.
• Serve as a source of escalation for Supply Chain teams, when the supplier is non-responsive
to business needs.
• For each contract execution, there is a Supplier Selection committee meeting to be signed off
and agreed at Senior leadership levels.
• Up to 15% travel to supplier locations
Parlons de vous
• Previous experience of having working in commodity management.
• Demonstrable evidence of managed or delivered savings plans.
• Understanding of contracts and key contract conditions is a necessity.
• Ability to manage complex situations and projects.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritise high and varied workload.
• Must be able to negotiate both at a tactical and strategic level.
• Ability to present complex and detailed information in a simple manner.