Parlons de votre future mission
Job Title Technical Publications Controller
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Technical Data department reporting to the Technical Data Manager (TDM).
What will I be doing?
The Technical Data Controller (TDC) will be responsible for the Technical Data work packages for their applicable programmes. Together with the TDM, the TDC will estimate the resources needed to fulfil objectives and programme targets and goals. The TDC will plan and schedule the activities required and coordinate the resources allocated to him/her by the TDM. You will define the project logic and follow-up activities.
You will be the point of contact for the aircraft manufacturers, MRO's and Customers, both internal and external, regarding all Technical Data issues for the defined programmes.
• You will organise reviews with the aircraft manufacturers and applicable suppliers as required throughout the program activity.
• You will monitor the quality of deliverables; ensure that checks and validations have been conducted and that approvals have been received.
• Coordinate contributors from all sites working on the aircraft programme.
• Provide input and seek advice/guidance from the local TDM during the supplier selection process when required.
• Coordinate quality control of suppliers and provide performance feedback to the TDM on a monthly basis.
• National and international travel may be required to provide in-service support to the air framers.
• Initiate communication with internal functions (Product Support Engineering, ILS, Engineering, Programmes, CAW)
• Pro-actively participate in all Lean-Sigma and other projects and harmonisation activities as required.
Et en complément ?
What we will give you?
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Parlons de vous
What do you need from me?
• Experience within a production, assembly or engineering environment.
• Knowledge of technical data/documentation, especially Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs) and Service Bulletins (SBs) to provide support for modifications to the equipment.
• Technical Data authoring skills/good use of the English language.
• Knowledge of aviation Tech Data standards including ATA100, iSpec 2200, S1000D & ASD STE.
• Computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office products.
• A proven track record of being able to pay close attention to detail, working in a problem solving capacity and the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-national environment of internal and external customers.
• Awareness and knowledge of working and planning within a technical data environment within the aviation industry.
• Good knowledge of aircraft component and systems operations.
Good to have:
• Experience in Aviation Technical Data / Documentation.
• Knowledge of authoring & illustration tools like Adobe Framemaker, Arbortext Editor, PTC IsoDraw, etc.
• Experience in creating CMMs & SBs for aircraft component and systems.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
No specific travel requirement, role based in Gloucester.
Localisez votre futur site
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH