Parlons de votre future mission
SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and supp
Reporting directly to the Services and Solution manager, the Senior Systems Architect role will be responsible for researching, defining and implementing all aspects of IS systems required to support Local/Global projects or new digital initiatives as assigned to support Safran LS UK & Asia sites.
This person will provide support for servers, middleware and databases, they will work with other IS groups to industrialize proven technology which includes, building servers, installing applications or provisioning in the cloud to meet the business needs or project specific deliverables.
The incumbent will act as the IS technical resource for related projects as assigned by IS Management.
• Lead IS Technical Projects
• Responsible for defining the plan to implement new infrastructure to support a new or existing technology.
• Responsible for creating the infrastructure design proposals and presenting these proposals to the Chief Information Security Officer and the Local/Global Chief Architects to gain approval.
• Preparing presentations around project proposals & feasibilities and provide IS project status updates to the PMO and IS Management.
• Build Server Infrastructure:
• Building physical rack servers.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows Enterprise servers
• Creating VMWare servers including build of OS and services for Windows and Linux.
• Implementing/Configuring/Managing Enterprise storage and backup solutions.
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations or standards during builds
• Act as L3 and in some cases L2 support for IS infrastructure/Systems/Platforms
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of servers, middleware and database systems, recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data centre hardware performing changes, support and decommissioning of local physical and VM servers when requested.
• Support administration of Unix/Linux systems.
• Developing scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Participating in the "On-Call" rotation with other IS personnel.
The Senior Systems Architect will be technical lead on projects assigned to them within the UK and Asia region. Driving standards and engagement in line with Safran Standards and working with global sites as required.
Parlons de vous
• Strong experience and skills in cross-functional project and programme management.
• Rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven capability to influence and challenge peers & leadership. Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
• Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
• Stakeholder management & ability to challenge (both to our team, and the wider teams we work with).
• The ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and external organizations.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, databases and mobility).
• Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, Citrix, and various Windows Server Operating systems and Linux
• Database skills specifically Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience with Monitoring tool solutions
• Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
• Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items.
• Able to collect and translate business requirements.
• Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
• Time Management skills.
• ITIL Foundations, Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar.
• Skill in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
• Knowledge of aerospace business.
• Application of structured transformation / change / project ways of working in fluid / fast changing situations (i.e. not just program managing somewhere that is already very structured).
• Knowledge of French Language is a plus
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran landing systems, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share scheme
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Landing Systems est le leader mondial des fonctions d'atterrissage et de freinage pour aéronefs. Safran Landing Systems est partenaire de plus de 20 avionneurs dans les domaines du transport civil, régional et d'affaires et dans le domaine militaire, et équipe plus 27 000 aéronefs.
- © Safran