Parlons de votre future mission
The primary role of Manufacturing Engineers is the creation of the manufacturing method, the design of fixtures/tooling/gauging/process equipment and the production of all necessary documentation and CNC part-programmes required for the cost effective manufacture of detail parts at Safran Landing Systems Gloucester.
• Creation and maintenance of standard operation layouts for detail parts. This is carried out using the departmental Manufacturing Documentation System (MDS). As well as prime routing layouts, it is occasionally necessary to produce secondary manufacturing layouts for alternative methods of manufacture.
• Design and detailing of jigs, fixtures and cutting tools, gauging, process tooling and lifting and handling equipment in support of the machining and processing of parts.
• Creation and maintenance of CNC programmes for machining of parts using the appropriate CAM system, where possible from geometry sourced from the Engineering Department CAD system.
• Creation and maintenance of manufacturing drawings and models including stage, fixture, tooling, tool setting, and fixture presentation drawings.
• Calculation of operation set and run times using a combination of CAM system calculations, standardised synthetics and experience.
• General day-to-day support of the machine shops, through the resolution of all relevant queries and requests for assistance. This includes the creation of salvage and rectification layouts to deal with non-conforming and concessed parts.
• Maintenance and continual improvement of manufacturing quality standards through a variety of techniques including SPC, the ‘Zero Defect' approach, the MDR/FDR system and support of quality improvement meetings and initiatives.
• Liaison with Engineering to ensure that all opportunities to drive down product costs are realised during all phases of the product life cycle.
• Ensuring, at all times, that all technical specifications called up on detail drawings are fully adhered to, if necessary through liaison with Process Technicians or Laboratory staff. This will typically encompass not only machining requirements, but also thermal processing, surface finishing, shot-peening and NDT techniques.
• Arrangement of the authorisation of tooling expenditure, and control and monitoring of tooling spend on a project by project basis.
• Active support of the drive to improve manufacturing efficiency by the application of set reduction techniques, methods review activities, investigation of new tooling opportunities and application of new technology.
• To technically assess potential suppliers.
• To technically support external suppliers, including intersite, by advising on the product definition, procedures, drawing intent, fixturing and methods of manufacture to assist in the efficient introduction of supply.
• Support of the Estimating Department in the production of bid estimates.
• Adherence to Departmental Procedures when constructing manufacturing met
Parlons de vous
The candidate will have completed Technical Engineering Apprenticeship, internal Manufacturing Engineering Training and Development Plan and be qualified to HNC level in Mechanical Engineering.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Occasional travel will be required
Localisez votre futur site
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran