Parlons de votre future mission
Job Title Assistant Engineering Group Leader
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Systems Integration & Test Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team's activities across all projects, R&T, new development & in-service.
We are looking for a proactive individual who has experience of both leading a team and project management.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be:
• Leading and developing a team of Engineers to meet
agreed Key Milestones and deliverables on time to
cost and quality.
• Promote professional and personal development of
all team members, managing the Performance
Development Review process.
• Assist with team resourcing: outsourcing, hiring, on-
boarding, training & development
• Project management in relation to: project scope,
planning, cost communication and reporting. Use of
Microsoft Project is essential and oSmoz (Planisware
– Engineering Resource Planning tool) is beneficial
• Supervision of the day-to-day operation of the Teams
• Use of KPIs and visual management techniques to
drive continuous improvement.
• Communicate with stakeholders to provide clear
visibility of work package status.
• Understanding of Systems Engineering concepts
such as the Validation & Verification process would
be an advantage.
• Work with the functional management to ensure that
the adequate resources and skills are available and
proper methods and processes applied.
• Support the Knowledge Management process
through the prioritisation of resource.
Et en complément ?
What we will give you?
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Parlons de vous
What do you need from me?
• Strong leader of people with the ability to motivate a
• Ability to act as a mentor and coach to your team
• Strong communicator with multifunctional teams of
suppliers and customers.
• Project management and estimation experience
• Knowledge of the principles of mechanical, hydraulic
and /or electrical engineering.
• Previous experience of landing gear structures and
systems and understand their design principles
• The successful candidate is likely to be qualified to a
minimum of HND level in an engineering or
management discipline. However, you will be
required to demonstrate relevant experience against
the above requirements.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work
'Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Localisez votre futur site
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- Les cartes sont disponibles sous la licence Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran