Parlons de votre future mission
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Strategic Buyer is responsible for issuing Request for Proposals/Quotations (RFP/Q) to strategic suppliers within the Target Purchasing Strategy (TPS).
Identify and implement cost saving opportunities within the Supply Chain to meet programme budgets.
Creation and management of supplier Long Term Agreements (LTA).
Raising of Purchase Orders (PO) against MRP demand for initial programme events.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• To issue and monitor RFP/Q's to strategic suppliers using available engineering data.
• Review and selection of suppliers based on proposals/quotations received.
• Setup supplier data within the business ERP system.
• Using MRP data to raise necessary PO's and work with a predetermined number of suppliers to ensure that materials ordered are delivered on time in full, and to the correct quality standards.
• To develop partnerships and relationships with suppliers.
• To manage purchasing projects such as industrialisation of new products that include but are not limited to composite, metallic and electrical components.
• To actively engage within the appropriate Target Purchasing Strategy.
• Ensure OTIF from supply base meets the MRP requirements.
• Ensure all KPI's are reported and updated in accordance with requirements.
• To ensure Program/Business Sectors are supported and managed to effectively satisfy all requirements.
This role is a fixed term contract role, working until 31st January 2024.
Parlons de vous
5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including Maths and English, A-C grade preferred
Minimum of 4 years purchasing experience
Read and understand engineering drawings
Demonstrable experience in problem solving techniques
Knowledge of Purchasing activity within a manufacturing environment
Able to work on own initiative
Ability to establish good working relationships across departments and with supplier representatives at all levels
Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
Strong team player
Computer literate with MS Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Outlook
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Travel both within the United Kingdom and internationally is required to carry out activities such as supplier Annual Performance Reviews (APR) and project specific meetings/workshops.
Localisez votre futur site
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
- © Safran