Parlons de votre future mission
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats, with over one million seats made and in service worldwide. We partner with airlines, and commercial plane and helicopter manufacturers to bring customers innovative, high added-value solutions to support them in their business.
We now have openings for 8 Project Engineers to join our growing team in Cwmbran! These are newly created roles and will consider both Graduates and experienced Project Engineers / Project Managers too!
In summary, the role of Project Engineer is to provide technical support, work package collaboration, and project management across a range of Engineering projects.
You will be a key individual contributor and part of the Safran Seats GB Engineering Project Management office. You will be deployed to the projects in either Early Engagement, Delivery, Test and Prototyping, and/or Sustaining Production.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Understand and facilitate Time Cost and Quality in the Product Development and/or R&T Lifecycle.
• Actively engage and develop in Project Governance and Methods and Tools to complete the project to the contractual and customer requirements.
• Manage stakeholders from multiple Engineering and non-Engineering disciplines to enable a successful project.
• Be able to manage change and requirements of product development.
• Comfortable with project management methods and tools to provide regular updates on progress and support needed to the Engineering management.
• Analyse and prioritise data and actions according to business needs.
• Contribute to contract, funding and commercial negotiations
• Supports the product engineering with the handover of technology and transition to the manufacturing process.
• Perform peer reviews of data, analysis and reports for other team members.
• Ensure product development is compliant to aircraft certification requirements utilising the expertise of the team
Et en complément ?
Our UK operation specialises in the First and Business class seating markets for wide body aircraft, through our key industrial and engineering sites in Cwmbran, Newport, and Brackley. We offer end to end solutions from business development and product co-creation with customers, through design, engineering, industrialisation, manufacturing and in-service support.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future.
There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Parlons de vous
Experience of project management, methods and tools
Proven background in planning and influencing project results
Self-reliant, hardworking, pro-active, motivated and an achiever
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using the English language including verbal, and written presentations
Able to establish good working relationships across departments and with customers
Qualified with an accredited Degree or equivalent level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science field
Strong communication skills including verbal, written and formal presentations
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a pragmatic hands on approach, including the use of appropriate data handling software
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
Benefits Programme, with a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
To apply, please submit your CV and we will be in touch with the next steps! No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you!
We want Safran Seats to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Seats an inclusive place to work.
Some UK and international travel is to be anticipated, visiting Group companies, and suppliers (approx. 10% of role)
Localisez votre futur site
Llantarnam Industrial Park, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles Royaume-Uni