Parlons de votre future mission
Job Title Project Engineer
Are you interested in working at the business end of Aerospace, where airline brand meets innovative passenger experience?
Then your next opportunity could be with Safran Seats, an industry award winning, premium designer and manufacturer of First and Business Class seating and technology. Our passenger experience prides itself on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
At Safran Seats, we are unique within aerospace, as we interface with both the world's biggest airlines and airframers alike, with the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers. One day you could be dealing with one of the world's largest airframers, and the next, some of the biggest airline brands around the world!
In the UK, Safran Seats specialises solely in the First Class and Business Class seating markets for wide body aircraft, with industrial and engineering teams in Cwmbran and Newport, Wales and Brackley, England.
Due to expansion we are recruiting for a Project Engineer to be a key individual contributor and a part of the Safran Seats GB Engineering project Management Office.
What will I be doing?
In summary, the role of Project Engineer is to provide technical support, work package collaboration, and project management across a range of Engineering projects.
You will be deployed to the projects in either Early Engagement, Delivery, Test and Prototyping, and/or Sustaining Production.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Understand and facilitate Time Cost and Quality in the Product Development and/or R&T Lifecycle.
• Actively engage and develop in Project Governance and Methods and Tools to complete the project to the contractual and customer requirements.
• Manage stakeholders from multiple Engineering and non-Engineering disciplines to enable a successful project.
• Be able to manage change and requirements of product development.
• Comfortable with project management methods and tools to provide regular updates on progress and support needed to the Engineering management.
• Analyse and prioritise data and actions according to business needs.
• Contribute to contract, funding and commercial negotiations
• Supports the product engineering with the handover of technology and transition to the manufacturing process.
• Perform peer reviews of data, analysis and reports for other team members.
• Ensure product development is compliant to aircraft certification requirements utilising the expertise of the team
Et en complément ?
Our in-house design studio co-creates the most innovative experiences in the sky with our airline customers and partners. Our dedicated engineering, production and in-service support facilities are integral to delivering a high-end quality product that we keep flying throughout the life of programme. We are suitably supported by a wide team of support functions, from HR to Finance, to Business Development and Planning and Logistics, our team is built to give Safran Seats an end-to-end capability in house in the UK.
We focus on:
These are our four People Fundamentals that underpin everything we do at Safran:
• We believe in and fostering the conditions for diversity and inclusion to thrive
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support between you and your colleagues
So you'll be supported every step of the way!
Our people are at the heart of our success, as we work together to achieve our mission: contributing to a safer and more sustainable aviation. We are tackling the biggest challenges in aerospace, with a commitment to work to decarbonise the industry by 2050
As part of the Safran Group, across our businesses we are market leaders in aerospace, defence and space; there is always potential for future mobility in the UK & internationally
Parlons de vous
What do you need from me?
•Industrial experience in product development, production engineering or research & development field within engineering
•Experience of project management, methods and tools
•Proven background in planning and influencing project results
•Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using the English language including verbal, and written presentations
•Able to establish good working relationships across departments & with customers
•Qualified with an accredited Degree or equivalent level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science field
•Knowledge in the design of software, electrical and electronic systems or Composite, plastic & additive manufactured components.
•Academic and hands on experience of product/process/materials development within their respective field
•Strong analytical & problem solving skills with a pragmatic hands on approach, including the use of appropriate data handling software
•Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Full UK driving license & valid passport essential as travel may be required
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we have identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to hear from you!
•Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
•We keep Friday as an early finish, helping you maintain a positive work life balance.
•25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
•Charity and Wellbeing – Our comprehensive Wellbeing Strategy is award winning as recognised in 2023 by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)!
•Employee Discounts and benefits - Our employee benefits portal offers a huge range of discounts on retail, technology products, household appliances, a cycle to work scheme and much more!
•Development - Career progression opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
•Family friendly policies - including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
•Equality & Diversity initiatives - with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
•STEM engagement opportunities - with schools, colleges and universities
What's my next step?
To apply, please submit your CV and we will be in touch once reviewed.
We want Safran Seats to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce where different ideas and perspectives are valued; making Safran Seats an inclusive and innovative place to work.
Some UK and international travel is to be anticipated, visiting Group companies, and suppliers (approx. 10% of role)
Localisez votre futur site
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles Royaume-Uni
- Les cartes sont disponibles sous la licence Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran