Parlons de votre future mission
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
• Undertake innovative technical research activities in product design and testing, focused on developing products and technologies for integration with seating and furniture for commercial aircraft.
• Support and manage the research, technology and product development with Universities, other Safran companies and technology partners.
• Manage the respective project plan and budget
• Support, collaborate and drive R&T initiatives/projects as part of a global R&T team.
• Co-ordinate the release of data to support technology implementation at project launch.
• Contribute to contract, funding and commercial negotiations
• Supports the product engineering with the handover of technology and transition to the manufacturing process.
• Analyse and interpret the results of own research, generate conclusions and make necessary recommendations.
• Perform peer reviews of data, analysis and reports for other team members.
• Use simulation, modelling, prototypes, development tools and test to apply rigor to engineering decision making and product development.
• Ensure product development is compliant to aircraft certification requirements
• Scout for and identify emerging technologies and their potential.
• Arrange and present the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) assessments in support of the technical audit process
• Supervise and support R&T staff including apprentices, temporary staff, University Interns, other Safran business units work placements and Graduate Engineers.
• Performs commercial and cost analysis of new technologies and products to support business case reviews.
• Promote Engineering capabilities through publications in International journals.
• Attend conferences and exhibitions to collect and assess technical information.
• Liaise with both internal and external customers.
• Generate and protect company intellectual property.
Parlons de vous
Composite, Additive manufacturing and potentially some exposure to environmental sustainability
Have industrial experience in product development, production engineering or research & development field within engineering.
Experience in Composite, Additive manufacturing and potentially some exposure to environmental sustainability
Be self-reliant, hardworking, pro-active, motivated and an achiever.
Able to establish good working relationships across departments and with customers
Be qualified with an accredited Degree or equivalent level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science field,
Have knowledge in the design of software, electrical and electronic systems or Composite, plastic, and additive manufactured components. Has academic and hands on experience of product/process/materials development within their respective field.
Demonstrate strong communication skills including verbal, written and formal presentations.
Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a pragmatic hands on approach, including the use of appropriate data handling software.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Access).
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Seats est un des leaders mondiaux des sièges d'avions, pour équipages et passagers. 1 million de sièges fabriqués par Safran Seats sont actuellement en service dans les flottes aériennes mondiales.
- © Safran