Parlons de votre future mission
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Working within cross-functional team, the Principal Flammability Certification Engineer will carry out the necessary flammability analysis, substantiation and certification activities required to deliver a safe product which meets all the necessary regulatory standards. Producing substantiation documents to a high standard, on time and in full, the candidate will plan, execute and report the necessary certification activities (Flammability/Fire Properties, tests, demonstrations and compliance reviews) required to qualify the product. Liaising externally with aircraft manufacturers (Boeing, Airbus, etc.) and regulatory authorities (European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)), the certification engineer will ensure that the necessary approvals (ETSO, STC or TC) are provided in time to support delivery of the product to the customers (aircraft OEM and airline operators). Guidance to be provided to other Certification Engineers and support to be provided to the Head of Flammability Certification as necessary.
The Principal Flammability Certification Engineer will be responsible for oversight and delivery of all Flammability assessment, substantiation and certification activities relating to specific cabin interior products / product platforms, such as passenger seats, seat surrounding structures and monuments associated with the seating area in the aircraft cabin. The Principal Flammability Certification Engineer may also be required to deliver all certification activities for specific programmes within the business unit. The principal certification engineer will provide guidance and governance to other certification engineers and other business functions on certification topics.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Advise and support flammability certification Engineers across various seat designs and platforms.
• Manage and deliver flammability certification programmes as per agreed business schedules and report on progress.
Et en complément ?
• Support other Safran business units with dedicated flammability knowledge and experience (seats groups, R&T etc.).
• Support the growth and development of standardised processes and procedures ensuring consideration for flammability requirements are applied.
• Support the technical lead / Expert network with dedicated knowledge and expertise, with a view to progressing through the Specialist / Expert network programme.
• Support initial bid activity with dedicated flammability knowledge.
• Interrogate programme flammability results and graph data to understand all failure modes and suggest corrective actions in support of minimising product alterations, design changes, or customer requirements (Trims etc…).
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses.
Parlons de vous
Qualified to a degree level in a mechanical engineering field. Alternatively a HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in a mechanical Engineering field, with demonstrated knowledge / experience in flammability certification and/or aircraft interior equipment and installation;
8 years working in a flammability certification role for aircraft equipment, with a minimum of 4 years specifically related to certification of cabin interiors products with EASA and FAA;
Broad knowledge of regulatory standards, and quality procedures within the aerospace industry;
Sound understanding of CS / 14CFR / JAR Airworthiness standards;
Wide knowledge of Aerospace Engineering processes, and a more detailed working knowledge of the Engineering processes within Safran Seats;
Proven knowledge in Flammability test methods, set-ups, test procedure and results;
Sound understanding of flammability test articles, conformity process and test lab preparation;
Proven track record in delivering flammability certification on various seat products (Bluesky, FC, BC, HRSC, Change Based etc.);
The role demands a high level of technical and process knowledge, and the ability to apply those processes across the full range of projects that the company is involved with;
Adherence to internal and external processes and procedures is essential, therefore strong leadership skills are required;
Strong communication skills required to ensure engineers are responsible (and capable) to deliver in demanding programme schedules;
Be able to step in and support engineers with technical expertise when required on difficult programme issues with limited input from others;
Computer literate with MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project etc);
Working knowledge of SGB CAD systems and processes;
Strong analytical skills are needed, alongside problem solving processes such as 4D, 8D, QRQC and associated tools;
The position holder will also directly support the Research and Technology teams to reach adequate technological readiness levels for incorporation into the company's products;
The role requires ongoing and frequent communication with multiple stakeholders, including regular discussions with Airworthiness Authorities and so the position holder must be capable to represent the company position clearly and when necessary be able to negotiate an agreement on Certification and Airworthiness subjects;
It is important that the role holder is able to manage communication at all levels within the company, from technical reviews with company Executives to encouraging progress, celebrating success or finding improvements within the department;
Demonstrable ability in detailed report creation.
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Localisez votre futur site
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
- © Safran