Parlons de votre future mission
Safran is an international high technology group operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors),
defence and space markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 95,000 employees and sales of 24.6
billion euros in 2019. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its
core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programmes to meet fast changing market
requirements with total R&D expenditures of around 1.7billion euros in 2019
Safran Seats designs and builds innovative, customised and high-value-added seating solutions for all classes:
Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First class, as well as crew seats. Our complete range of ergonomic
seats ensures passenger comfort, based on state-of-the-art design and engineered components to ensure
optimised use of space. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to
• Produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets
• Design Engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with
customers and suppliers.
Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction
• The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
• Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
• Check engineering packages
• Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)
• Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
• From time to time, Design Engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their
normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
Parlons de vous
• Qualified to a minimum of a HNC or an equivalent qualification in a Mechanical Engineering
• Proven track record in Design Engineering
• Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of
• Experience of working in a regulated environment.
• Previous experience gained within the aircraft interiors sector
• Organisational skills are advantageous for the role
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good working
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Localisez votre futur site
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
- © Safran