Parlons de votre future mission
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of a Maintenance Technician is to carry out lower level required routine maintenance, repairs and services to maintain production machinery availability, up time and ensure that best practice and statutory compliance is adhered too and maintained. You will carry out problem solving and use your experience, knowledge, skills and initiative to overcome maintenance issues.
You will assist and support production within a mechanical / electrical technical field requiring skilled intervention, to maintain good working order & repair of critical CNC & Non-CNC machine tools, plant and equipment for production purposes, ensuring the highest standards of quality assurance. Seek; suggest; support improvements through proven installation / process techniques.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
Carry out dynamic risk assessments of tasks prior to carrying out work. To determine a suitable method to carry out the tasks, taking into account any potential hazards identified and ways to minimize the risk, with guidance if necessary from Senior Maintenance Technician.
Support optimum uptime with effectiveness, arrange repairs and support via phone, email or onsite.
Work with all departments to enable the maintenance and upkeep of machine tools, plant and equipment throughout the business.
Parlons de vous
Relevant ONC or BTech & NVQ certificate holder of either Electrical or Mechanical discipline
Basic knowledge for either or mechanical / electrical disciplines, pneumatic & hydraulic systems, assist with inspection, installation, service & repair. Carry out lower level TPM, PPM & repair tasks. Diagnostic & analytical skills, use of relative test equipment to enable correct running, checking and adjustment of machine tool equipment at the level specified.
Basic engineering experience. High attention to detail. Follow technical drawings & manuals. Computer literate & familiar with computerised maintenance software reporting. Demonstrable multi-faceted manual dexterity tool skills in inspection, installation, service & repair. Ability to plan & execute minor repairs.
HSE awareness i.e. Dynamic risk assessing, Knowledge of safe working practices. Understand the use of Risk & COSHH assessments.
Impact of the activity through the organization and interaction with the other organizational units to achieve common goals.
Degree of mental and analytical skills required to perform the job, depending on the context (multiple sources of information : internal, external, moving, complex information):
Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships & being respectful of other colleagues in carrying out duties. Display energy & enthusiasm. Safety and wellbeing of self and others.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Localisez votre futur site
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles Royaume-Uni
- © Safran