Parlons de votre future mission
Job Title Build Technician
Location Cwmbran, UK
Are you interested in working at the business end of Aerospace, where airline brand meets innovative passenger experience?
Then your next opportunity could be with Safran Seats, an industry award winning, premium designer and manufacturer of First and Business Class seating and technology. Our passenger experience prides itself on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
At Safran Seats, we are unique within aerospace, as we interface with both the world's biggest airlines and airframers alike, with the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers. One day you could be dealing with one of the world's largest airframers, and the next, some of the biggest airline brands around the world!
In the UK, Safran Seats specialises solely in the First Class and Business Class seating markets for wide body aircraft, with industrial and engineering teams in Cwmbran and Newport, Wales and Brackley, England.
Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a Build Technician to support the Manufacturing engineering and Production teams.
What will I be doing?
As a Build Technician your role will be to provide technical support to establish excellent / world-class operational performance in Safety, Quality Assurance, Cost / Productivity, Delivery, People Development and Continuous Improvement business metrics.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Support for all aspects of engineering and operational performance through active involvement in new product introduction & industrialisation, quality assurance, continuous improvement and direct employee development.
• Support manufacturing engineering to improve process and product quality assurance via QRQC, 8D TOPS and PFMEA processes. In addition, technical administration responsibilities for the ETQ / NCR process.
• Support manufacturing engineering in all NPI & industrialisation builds, providing accurate data on standard times, quality assurance, tooling and process documentation requirements such as SOP's, APVP's, DVP's and PQA's.
• Auditing and management of all tooling calibration requirements within respective value stream.
• Active participation in CI activities to reduce operational costs and improve overall business performance.
• Mentor, train and support the continual development of direct employee skill sets.
• Providing technical support to the operational teams to ensure that safe and efficient working practices are maintained on a daily basis within the manufacturing process environment.
Et en complément ?
Our in-house design studio co-creates the most innovative experiences in the sky with our airline customers and partners. Our dedicated engineering, production and in-service support facilities are integral to delivering a high-end quality product that we keep flying throughout the life of programme. We are suitably supported by a wide team of support functions, from HR to Finance, to Business Development and Planning and Logistics, our team is built to give Safran Seats an end-to-end capability in house in the UK.
We focus on:
These are our four People Fundamentals that underpin everything we do at Safran:
• We believe in and fostering the conditions for diversity and inclusion to thrive
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support between you and your colleagues
So you'll be supported every step of the way!
Our people are at the heart of our success, as we work together to achieve our mission: contributing to a safer and more sustainable aviation. We are tackling the biggest challenges in aerospace, with a commitment to work to decarbonise the industry by 2050
As part of the Safran Group, across our businesses we are market leaders in aerospace, defence and space; there is always potential for future mobility in the UK & internationally
Parlons de vous
What do you need from me?
•Knowledge of 3D models and 2D drawings
•Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
•Technical manufacturing experience – time served apprentice or NVQ level 3 accredited.
•Good communication / people skills
• Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we have identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to hear from you!
•Hours of work are double days, rotating weekly;
Monday to Thursday - 6.00am-2.30om / Friday - 6.00am-12.00pm midday
Monday to Thursday - 2.30pm-11.00pm / Friday - 12.00pm midday - 6.00pm.
•25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
•Charity and Wellbeing – Our Charity and Wellbeing Committee focus on doing the right thing in the community supporting local charities, partners, providing volunteering opportunities and promoting positive wellbeing. Our comprehensive Wellbeing Strategy is award winning as recognised in 2023 by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)!
•Employee Discounts and benefits - Our employee benefits portal offers a huge range of discounts on retail, technology products, household appliances, a cycle to work scheme and much more!
•Development - Career progression opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
•Family friendly policies - including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
•Equality & Diversity initiatives - with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
•STEM engagement opportunities - with schools, colleges and universities
What's my next step?
To apply, please submit your CV and we will be in touch once reviewed.
We want Safran Seats to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce where different ideas and perspectives are valued; making Safran Seats an inclusive and innovative place to work.
Localisez votre futur site
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles Royaume-Uni
- Les cartes sont disponibles sous la licence Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran