Description du poste
The PPAP Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring project integrity and feedback to the customer of any required quality topics identified through internal or external audit / monitoring.
They will manage their own assigned projects in addition to assisting other members of the New Product Introduction (NPI) quality team in the achievement of product quality, customer satisfaction and quality improvement targets.
• PPAP Quality Assurance Engineer will interface directly with the customer and ultimately act as a pool of resource for the programme teams.
• PPAP Quality Assurance Engineer is the point of escalation for product quality matters with the customer and within the project team.
• No direct budget responsibility – but will identify training needs, system weaknesses and opportunities to improve methods of functional and business working through audits and make recommendations for the appropriate expenditure to deliver these actions.
• Represents quality at project gate reviews
• Participates in project risk reviews and ensures that acceptable levels of risk have been agreed and communicated internally with action plan
• Participates in change control board reviews where required
• Responsible for compiling or approving internal FAIRs/PVI-PPAPs and providing training where required (Internal and External)
• Takes timely and relevant containment actions and ensure traceability investigations are carried out as required
• Participates on customer interaction for quality escapes and request for customer approvals in conjunction with programmes
• Ensures compliance with all customer, EASA/CAA, ISO9001 and AS9100 requirements and audits and actively lead the closure of any corrective actions or required improvements
• Leads the process, system or product audits as required and ensures deployment through themselves and the team
• Ensures all necessary information and facts are gathered relating to quality issues within the business ensuring they are appropriately documented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
• Ensures robust corrective actions (excluding supplier actions) are assigned and delivered across all parts of the business
• Key contributor to the Monthly Programme Reviews, Monthly Quality Reviews, etc.
• Project milestone adherence
• Project audit plan adherence
• Site audit & flash audit plan adherence
• Ensure corrective actions are closed within time limits
• Maintain and improved Departmental Policy Deployment targets/objectives
• Works closely with Programme Manager who owns the overall customer relationship. Needs to ensure communications are aligned
• Work closely with project team to ensure product quality is achieved aligned to the programme goals
• Key contact with project customers
• Scheduled timetable of meetings with customer – preparing presentation material
• Daily or weekly customer calls to address specific issues that may have arisen
Decision making authority:
• Customer & regulatory communications – level of information
• Approval or rejection of supplier PVI-PPAP and FAIRs
• Approval or rejection of internal PVI-PPAP and FAIRs
• Perform own adhoc audits if need identified (informs other quality leaders)
Exigences du poste
• Experience with working in a new production environment
• Solid understanding of contractual and regulatory requirements including ISO9001 and AS9100
• Proven technical experience of Engineering, manufacturing and quality processes
• Lead auditor trained preferred
• Knowledge of AS9102 (FAIR) & PVI-PPAP product qualification requirements
• Ability to lead quality investigation and compile appropriate reports and coach others
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills with the ability to solve problems using tools such as Process FMEA / 8D / SPC.
• Good attention to detail and able to be objective and to draw out information from relevant parties
• Drives to completion, self-motivated and able to prioritise own workload
• Effective written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organisation
• IT literate – MS Office software
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Spécificité du travail
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 15 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.
Program Development & Quality Assurance Manager
Pitstone Bucks, Angleterre
Global Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Pitstone Bucks, Angleterre