Description du poste
• Lead process improvement and product industrialisation activities, championing PFMEA's, control plans, risk assessment/risk registers, DVI and PPAP, utilising Safran tools and methodology.
• Follow and review the product industrialisation through each stage of its life cycle.
• Participate to or lead DFM and DTC planning reviews (internal and external).
• Analyse process non-compliance and carry out RCCA and adjust the PFMEA & Control plan accordingly.
• Carry out internal & external process audits, including process, control, capacity and demand flowdown and manage the development and corrective action plans accordingly.
• Define critical values in accordance with Engineering requirements.
• Participate in defining the industrial test strategy both internally and within the supply chain.
• Define, follow and execute the industrial development planning.
• Follow the NRC per sub-assembly (including supplier) for the whole roadmap from prototype to mass production.
• Monitor and confirm traceability requirements.
• Define and create packaging specifications for the product through its life cycle.
• Participate in the creation and authoring of technical and process specifications.
• Validate specifications and contribute to risk & compliance matrix.
• Participate on any trade off discussions with other stakeholders.
• Identify, define and provide cost saving initiatives in order to consolidate the DTC approach
• Proactively initiates cost down, variation reduction activity through statistical process control (SPC) and test yield improvement activities necessary to address changes or anomalies in internal and outsourced capability
• Supports creation of strategic road maps proposing and justifying capital (machines, tooling, gauging and plant) investment.
• Lead the deployment of process improvement activity including the investigation, verification and qualification of new tools, machines and working practices.
• Deploy maintenance and calibration strategies for key machines, tools and gauges – offering technical guidance and support to Facilities, Quality and Operations as required.
• Responsible for validating standard times for operations to support business cost modelling.
• Pro-actively engages with relevant support functions when initiating or leading process based technical investigations to deliver problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective / preventative actions.
• At all times throughout the production process facilitate and provide effective technical support of process to operations as required.
• Deploy the Factory of the Future vision with new tools and processes targeted at improving quality and efficiency – considering opportunities for digital manufacture and automation.
• Champion Lean manufacturing including value stream mapping (VSM) and Least Waste Way activities, identifying opportunity and leading projects targeted at improving internal and outsourced operational efficiency, working closely with Safran+ where needed.
• Develop and design tooling required for key processes.
• Raise CAPEX expenditure and support associated processes .
• Is the focal for Program and Operations Managers acting as a key interface with engineering and company technical experts.
• Supports all internal and outsourced operations for SEPUK acting as a focal for the sharing and development of best practice across the site and division as appropriate.
• No budget responsibility but influences and inputs to CAPEX decisions.
• Provides approval for a number of manufacturing engineering processes including SPC, PFMEA, technical work instructions etc.
• Responsible for the liaison with suppliers for product and/or process information and development.
• Working from the SEP Pitstone site, but may be required to travel for key missions to suppliers, customers or other SEP sites.
Exigences du poste
• Experience of working within a complex and dynamic component manufacturing or engineering environment with NPI and concurrent engineering experience preferred.
• HNC / HND in mechanical, electronics or Production Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience of acting as a focal point for technologies and processes.
• Ability to challenge design and manufacturing techniques to ensure DFM and DTC requirements are met.
• Demonstrates a broad production engineering experience including cost down, design for manufacture / assembly / test techniques.
• Proven ability to champion and lead investigations, process capability assessments & improvements and deliver resulting work packages.
• Solid communicator and able to influence effectively at all levels through mediums including written reports and delivery of presentations to ensure delivery of results.
• Ability to problem solve and accurately analyse, offer concise conclusions and report findings from technical data.
• Demonstrated experience of identifying opportunity and leading process improvement activity.
• Demonstrates a customer focused mindset (internal and external).
• Understanding of Statistical Process Control, Process FMEA's, DFM & DTC activities.
• Must be able to lead and work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team and deliver to tight deadlines
• Experience in working with and building strong relationships within a supply base to develop solutions that work for all parties.
• Has a working knowledge of legislative requirements including REACH and HSE
Computer Literate (MS Office)
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Spécificité du travail
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 15 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.