Description du poste
The key deliverables for this role fall into three categories. Adherence to the Quality Management system, Health & Safety and Environment requirements compliance and the Continuous Improvement culture. Quality Management: Developing chemistry analysis and management of activities necessary to design, develop, implement and sustain a service that is effective and efficient whilst ensuring specification, regulatory and environmental compliance is adhered to. Health Safety and the Environment: Work to ensure the health and welfare of those not only working in the Metal finishing facility (MFF) but also customers, suppliers and members of the public who may experience an impact from the workplace environment and all its activities.
Continuous Improvement: Productivity improvements focused on reducing lead-time and cost whilst simultaneously optimising vat availability and utilisation by: -
1. Optimising specifications, techniques and processes to ensure capability is synchronised with demand.
2. Assisting shop floor operatives and Production Engineers in elimination of defects thus building quality into the processes employed.
3. Optimising process capability and availability of the plant and equipment.
4. Elimination of any non-value adding activity
Analysis of vat solutions and subsequent additions and make up associated to Salvage activity with an emphasis on Electro Plating. For example but not limited to Chrome, Cadmium, Nickel, Local Treatment and Sermetel.
The compilation of vat analysis data and publishing results.
The preparation and testing of :
1. Chrome Nickel & Cadmium test panels.
2. Daily Salt Spray checks.
3. Sermetel test panels.
4. Local Treat (cadmium) panels.
5. Lawrence Gauge Analysis (LHE cad).
6. Paint Strip controls (Corrosion & tensile testing).
The procurement of processing chemicals in line with COMAH requirements, the subsequent management of chemistry and its levels on site, live and stored and their effective management. Including the management of vat effluent and waste to balance and harmonise the chemistry levels across the business.
Working with Technicians and Supervisors to resolve issues related to the chemistry in the vats and any problems with the plant and equipment
Reviewing the full range of PCS and OEM specifications to ensure both compliance to and the optimisation of the specifications. Gap analysis followed by evolving actions to close gaps and then the subsequent delivery of actions.
Maintenance and refinement of existing Works Procedures (WPs). Where appropriate the development of new WPS.
New product and process compliance. Responsibility for gap analysis and related gap closing activity. Working as project lead or supporting project lead.
Quality Management System support. Provide laboratory input for QRQC activity and actions. Act as the NCR focal for the area. Support audits internal & external (Quality/Suppliers/ MROs/WPs/Product & Customer). As previously mentioned COMAH Compliance.
Management of the MFF plating plant Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) for vats, ancillary and environmental equipment.
Provide support for designated Turnkey projects.
Additional plant management responsibilities:
1. The Water Plant.
2. Paint Strip analysis.
3. Oil Rig analysis.
4. Calibration of Laboratory equipment.
Other related activity:
1. Liaising and managing related materials and services providers.
2. Management/support of laboratory and environmental related projects.
3. Management of Local Treatment test panels and refresher training.
4. Plating plant capability assurance and development.
5. The maintenance, development and functional activity related Risk Assessments.
Exigences du poste
• A degree in Chemistry or equivalent substantive and demonstrable experience e.g. Engineering/Plating Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained in the aerospace or automotive sectors.
• A comprehensive knowledge of electro-plating and its associated techniques.
• Ability to carry out a wide range of electro plating analysis and familiarity with tools, techniques and equipment associated to said activity.
• The ability to read and understand specifications and regulatory documentation. To use this information to its optimum effect whilst ensuring compliance.
• A comprehensive process knowledge
• Experience with COSHH and the safe use and treatment of chemicals.
• The ability to read methods and sequences of operations.
• Demonstrate effective organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage personal workload.
• Have good problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High attention to detail with strong quality awareness.
• Good IT skills.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Team working ethics.
• Self-managing and reliant.
• Good problem solving skills.
Spécificité du travail
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Landing Systems est le leader mondial des fonctions d'atterrissage et de freinage pour aéronefs. Partenaire de 30 avionneurs dans les domaines du transport civil, régional, d'affaires et militaire, la société assure le support de 27 800 avions effectuant environ 73 000 atterrissages par jour.