Parlons de votre future mission
The Research and Technology Engineer is responsible for creating breakthrough and disruptive materials based innovations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Utilize the paradigm deconstruction techniques to “think outside of the box”.
2. Apply the fail fast/fail cheap methodology to rapidly and inexpensively pursue innovation opportunities.
3. Complete data mining tasks and participate in “think tank” sessions on a recurring basis to generate breakthrough ideas and opportunities.
4. Collaborate with Safran engineers, research partners, industry partners, and university partners to generate breakthrough ideas and opportunities.
5. Locate external research and technology partners to take innovations from Technology Readiness Level 1 (idea) to Technology Readiness Level 6 (full-scale prototype) and Manufacturing Readiness Level 1 (idea) to Manufacturing Readiness Level 4 (capable to produce the technology in a lab environment).
6. Lead recurring weekly status update meetings with external research and technology partners and issue meeting minutes and actions lists within 24 hours of the meeting.
7. Develop novel manufacturing methods and equipment for manufacturing next generation fabrics.
8. Develop novel manufacturing methods, seaming methods, and equipment to manufacture inflatable safety equipment using next generation fabrics.
9. Create technical specifications and reports.
10. Complete designed experiments to optimize fabric recipes and equipment settings.
11. Take innovations from Technology Readiness Level 1 (idea) to Technology Readiness Level 4 (critical functions demonstrated).
12. Take innovations from Manufacturing Readiness Level 1 (idea) to Manufacturing Readiness Level 4 (capable to produce the technology in a laboratory environment).
13. Other duties as assigned.
CONTRIBUTION TO SAFRAN AEROSYSTEMS EVACUATION
To use creative thinking and unique ideas in fundamentally different ways to create tomorrow's opportunities.
Parlons de vous
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
Most work is conducted from a sitting position, however, both standing and walking are required as well as ability to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work sometimes involves working near moving or mechanical equipment. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. Must be fluent in English with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals related to materials and innovation.
2. Must be able to clearly and effectively present information to team members and management in English.
Must be able to perform engineering related calculations.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and CATIA.
Education and Experience
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university and at least three years of related experience.
1. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
2. Ability to analyze problems and identify the root cause.
3. Ability to make decisions based on facts.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to work independently with little direction.
2. Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
3. Must have the ability to deliver to plan and deadlines.
Localisez votre futur site
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
New Jersey États-Unis
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Aerosystems est leader mondial des toboggans d'évacuation et des systèmes oxygène. La société est un acteur majeur dans les systèmes de sécurité et les systèmes de fluides pour les avions et les hélicoptères.
- © Safran