Parlons de votre future mission
The Project Buyer is responsible for the management of supply chain projects including New Product Introduction ( NPI ) , New Business Opportunity, Execution of Transfer of Work ( Make / Buy – Resourcing ) and any improvement projects defined by the Program Department . The project Buyer collaborates with Commodity Managers to build sustainable supply chains for development and the procurement phases of multiple projects. The project Buyer interacts with the Suppliers and internal stakeholder to ensure the successful implementation of supply chain project in order to support the work of specific program or product development teams.
• Lead Supply Chain projects such as: New Product Introduction, Make Or Buy transition, New Business Opportunity or Cost Out initiative (VALUE ADDED / VALUE ENGINEERING).
• Collect program/project intelligence including design data set (drawings, 3D model etc…), forecasted volumes, impacted program, specific flow down etc…
• Coordinate the RFQ phase working with Commodity Manager, ensuring reporting to the program managers and may lead RFQ Packages when required with support of Commodity Managers.
• Define business case for supply projects including Return On Invest, Timeline and Risk.
• Place order on new components required for the development of the project and ensure follow up and reporting on procurement to the program manager.
• Anticipate, resolve and communicate delivery delays with suppliers.
• Manage the following: Design to Cost targets, Line of Balance, Supplier Manufacturability and Design Review by being responsible for the cost reconciliation on material.
• Acts as a focal point between suppliers and internal customers (Program/ Project team) and auditors and represent supply chain at Project/Program Reviews and lead team meetings.
• Ensure engineering and quality functions are aware of and are held accountable to release documents on time, design for cost targets achieved, and to meet lead-time commitments from suppliers;
• Ensure effective supplier management throughout all phases of the projects/programs (i.e. DVT, Qualification, OE Production).
• Manage the supply chain ensuring synergy to strategic partners to achieve internal customer requirement commitments.
• Ensure proper hand over from project phase to production phase to the Operation teams.
• Provide direction, flow down and support to other Supply Chain employees when needed.
• Other tasks may be assigned by manager.
• Sitting 80% / Standing 15% / Walking 5%
• Supplier's visit can involve walking up to 50% of the day
• Work in an open space environment and meeting room.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
• Must be willing to travel domestically (10%)
Et en complément ?
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Parlons de vous
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
• A minimum of 4 years' procurement/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment including strategic responsibility for procurement is required and essential for this position.
• Experience in project and supplier management, working with engineering team in an aerospace electronics and/or mechanical environment for high technical complexity products.
• Experience in placing and monitoring Purchase Order with demonstrated knowledge of relationship between supply service performance, pricing and committed deliveries.
• Able to generate general business correspondence.
• Willingness to learn, ability to research, analyze and develop ideas and methods.
• Effective communicator at all levels both internally and externally.
• Supply Chain Experience
• Aerospace Manufacturing experience
• Result oriented, Self-starter, Influencer, Communicator
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to instill confidence in all stakeholder groups and manage complex commercial relationships/ Advanced
• SAP Procurement
Localisez votre futur site
2250 Whitfield Ave 34243
- Les cartes sont disponibles sous la licence Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran