Parlons de votre future mission
The HSE Intern has the responsibility to assist the HSE Manager in maintaining the facility's health, safety, and environmental program. Safran's paid internship program allows students the opportunity to gain valuable and applicable work experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The HSE Manager will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The internship is for the duration of the Fall Semester (August through December) with flexible start/end dates, and will consist of both major projects as well as daily HSE-related tasks.
• Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
• Work with the Senior Leadership Team, Team Leaders, Safran+ Leaders and Operations team to implement changes to the management system as necessary for the improvement of the HSE program.
• Assist the HSE Manager in providing daily guidance and direction in HSE programs at the employee and supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
• Assist the HSE Manager with all HSE-related activities to ensure facility compliance to all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries and environmental incidents;
• Complete detailed accident/incident investigations with root cause analyses, and develop corrective action plans through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.);
• Maintain and update as needed standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all safe work practices and machinery; including lock-out / tag-out procedures;
• Audit line management and operations team to ensure company HSE policies are implemented and effective;
• Coordinate a 6S and/or LSS project with the 6SS and Lean Six Sigma Coordinator, and pertinent team members;
• Assist in building the company's chemical library in the chemical management system, and ensure up-to-date and GHS-compliant SDSs are deployed throughout the facility;
• Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures; recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures;
• Interface with regulatory agencies (DOT, State/Local Regulators) as needed
Parlons de vous
• Education: Candidate should have completed 2+ years of course work leading to a Bachelors or Masters degrees in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related science.
• Some working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations and standards;
• Demonstrated communication and leadership skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Video editing capabilities through mac or other software (preferred).
Specific on-site projects may include, but is not limited to the following:
• HSE Visual Management Project
• Chemical Inventory and SDS Database Amelioration
• Writing SOPs and Safety Programs
• Risk Assessment Amelioration
• Waste Minimization Project
• Lockout-Tagout Equipment Specific Procedures
This position sits and performs computer work for extended periods. Occasionally, may be required to lift up to 35 lbs.
The role is mainly in an office work environment and will need to be on the production floor.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Localisez votre futur site
2250 Whitfield Ave 34243
- Les cartes sont disponibles sous la licence Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran