Description du poste
A glimpse at the job:
This role is located in our Denton, Texas facillity, within the North America headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing the development of simple program(s) throughout the entire program life cycle.
The Program Manager also has the expertise and the responsibility to organize, coordinate and monitor all elements of the program, with the support of all the departments in order to satisfy the contracting party or customer.
This role also provides internal direction, leadership and accountability for key program management efforts among and across all departmental lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish the overall development program plan / schedule of new products or changes based on strategies and keep it up to date
• Work with Engineering, Operations, QA, and Sales to ensure that the planning activities and their progress are compatible with keeping program gate reviews on schedule.
• Maintain the profitability of the program and monitor regularly cost reduction plans.
• Monitor with the support of operations and QA schedule and quality conformance in line with customers' expectations
• Highlight areas needing improvement, and monitor the outcomes.
• Provide to the PMO and program team with weekly updates, at a minimum, of status vs. plan and vs. changes in customer status and expectations, including functional design, costs, scope, pricing, content, changes, delivery, documentation, and supplier performances.
• Ensure company policies and documentation required throughout the entire project life cycles have been following by the entire program stakeholders.
• Use tools, processes, and procedures developed to track the project vs. plan, including delivery, quality, cost, schedule, and resource levels
• Identifies and corrects systemic flaws and unacceptable performance.
• Review contractual requirements and identify areas needing special treatment to achieve them.
• Flag changes in internal processes to highlight the commitment and resources needed to sustain the customers' satisfaction.
• Suggest changes where mutually beneficial to the customer and us.
• Establish a clear understanding of the Statement of Work throughout both the customers' organization and our internal organization.
• Flag changes in the Statement of Work requiring contractual modifications.
• Participate in contractual negotiations in coordination with the Sales department and legal support (initial negotiation – RFP phase, and changes from internal and external parties)
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based on export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Exigences du poste
Education and Experience -
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in Team Management, or Sales and/or Engineering
• PMP certified preferred
Skills and Requirements -
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, engineering documentation, government regulations, qualification and testing reports, etc.
•Ability to write and present business reports, and business correspondence.
• Must have an advanced knowledge of basic math, algebra and geometry.
Experience – Technical Skills
• Expert decision making capabilities, based upon organizational functions, resource availability, process mapping, and cost effectiveness.
• Experience setting expectations, creating a plan, recruiting a team, and executing to the plan.
• Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding targets and commitments.
• Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical engineering principles, design processes, and documentation systems.
• Solid understanding of electrical cables, components, specifications, drawings, qualification, and testing.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft project.
• Problem solving, decision making, and quality minded
• Team oriented
• Verbal and written communication
• Customer service focus
• Process focused
• Execute with urgency and accuracy
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical Components USA Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Spécificité du travail
Moderate - up to 10%
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 15 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.