Parlons de votre future mission
The Export Control Manager (ECM) helps Safran Test Cell personnel to understand and comply with federal export control regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the regulations administered by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
The Export Control Manager is responsible for export control oversight, including the development of training, education and assessment tools, and the implementation of policies and procedures to promote Safran Test Cells ongoing compliance with export control laws.
This position will require application of advanced end use screening methods in the evaluation of prospective customer projects and bona fides, as well as advanced EAR understanding of “system” and component part controls. Position requires proficiency in EAR/ITAR jurisdictional determination and crossover.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Export Control Officer
• Serve as the company Export Control Officer, Compliance Officer and Empowered Official
• Establish, implement, and maintain the export compliance program and related policies and procedures
• Maintain expert knowledge of export control laws and regulations including the EAR, ITAR, OFAC, and FTR, and other associated industry laws, rules, and regulations. Monitor and analyze new government regulations and Safran Group requirements.
• Conduct export control training for all employees and support Safran Aero Boosters team with export assessments, training and information on U.S. export regulations as needed.
• Work with various departments regarding Deemed Export issues, document control system, shipping requirements, compile and assess the Project Export Control Assessment Form for company projects, and provide export control assessments to Sales as required, especially for military-related proposals.
• Determine the export and import classification of goods in accordance with the U.S. Munitions List, Commerce Control List, and Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
• Conduct advanced, in-depth end use and end user reviews to confirm prospective customer bona fides, end use, and end user status for export control purposes.
• Work closely with Engineering to determine export licensing requirements for both dual-use items and defense articles and services under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
• Prepare and monitor the status of license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Commodity Jurisdiction Determinations, Classification Requests, and other requests for approval to the U.S. Dept. of State; the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, the Office of Foreign Assets Controls (U.S. Dept. of the Treasury)
• Attend Safran Group export control meetings, including yearly SUSA conferences. Review and edit company communications (e.g., weekly highlights) for export control issues.
Et en complément ?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (cont.)
• Support Safran Group and SUSA audits, questions and requests. Lead export control audits internally and for SUSA requests (possibly group companies).
• Serve as designated Empowered Official under the ITAR functioning as interface between business and compliance functions.
• Abide by the provisions and requirements of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and other applicable export control laws and regulations and the SUSA Business Code of Conduct
• Understand the penalties for violating AECA and ITAR
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures
Company Process Documentation
• Assist the Director of Quality with authoring QMS documentation
• Review, classify and mark documents for export control purposes
• Acquire and store industry technical standards and specifications as requested by engineering, sales, and other employees.
• Assist engineering on research applicable technical standards for projects and locations.
• Create and review company certifications to various requirements.
Parlons de vous
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required; Legal or paralegal background a plus.
• 5+ years of increasing experience in export control analysis, education or licensing.
• 3+ years of manager experience, Aerospace industry a plus.
• Track record of developing staff, fostering an inclusive work environment, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with staff and peers locally and internationally
• Results-oriented manager with the ability to lead, influence and inspire diverse teams to meet project goals
• Proven ability to cultivate an environment of accountability and creativity and clearly communicate strategy to staff
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience.
• Desire to work with Safran Aero Boosters, Safran, and Safran USA export control personnel to address complex issues and establish / refine best practices
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
• Broad range of engineering or industrial equipment knowledge
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution
• Ability to manage a complex workload of multiple projects and to coordinate timely activity of involved personnel
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
Localisez votre futur site
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
- © Safran