Description du poste
The Export Control Manager (ECM) helps Safran Test Cell personnel to understand and comply with federal export control regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the regulations administered by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
The Export Control Manager is responsible for export control oversight, including the development of training, education and assessment tools, and the implementation of policies and procedures to promote Safran Test Cells ongoing compliance with export control laws.
The Technical Publications Manager is responsible for leading and directing a team of Technical Writers, including schedules and budgets of projects. They will plan, direct, and coordinate all department activities while promoting a continuous improvement culture ensuring each project satisfies profit projection while upholding the quality and timeliness of Safran Test Cells (STC) deliverables. The Technical Publications Manager/Compliance Officer will also manage and assist with adherence to internal and external requirements including export control laws and company process documentation.
Export Control Officer
• Serve as the company Export Control Officer, Compliance Officer and Empowered Official
• Establish, implement, and maintain the export compliance program and related policies and procedures
• Conduct export control training for all employees and support Safran Aero Boosters team with export assessments, training and information on U.S. export regulations as needed.
• Maintain expert knowledge of export control laws and regulations and other associated industry laws, rules, and regulations. Monitor and analyze new government regulations and Safran Group requirements.
• Work with various departments on foreign national employees, document control system, shipping requirement, and assess the Project Export Control Assessment Form for company projects, provide export control assessments to Sales as required, especially for military-related proposals.
• Attend Safran Group export control meetings, including yearly SUSA conferences. Review and edit company communications (e.g., weekly highlights) for export control issues.
• Support Safran Group and SUSA audits, questions and requests. Lead export control audits internally and for SUSA requests (possibly group companies).
• Determine the classification of goods in accordance with the U.S. Munitions List, Commerce Control List, and Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
• Determine export licensing requirements for both dual-use items and defense articles and services under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
• Prepare and monitor the status of license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Commodity Jurisdictions, Classification Requests, and other requests for approval to the U.S. Dept. of State; the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, the Office of Foreign Assets Controls, and the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury
• Abide by the provisions and requirements of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and other applicable export control laws and regulations and the SUSA Business Code of Conduct
• Understand the penalties for violating AECA and ITAR
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Manage the Tech Pubs Department including the employees, budgets, and schedules
• Manage the preparation and publication of customer technical documentation, review sales proposals and cost breakdowns
• Anticipate and identify future technical documentation needs of Safran Test Cells
• Represent the Tech Pubs department in cross-departmental meetings, engineering team meetings, design review meetings, and management meetings
• Identify training opportunities for employees and train employees in product knowledge and job skills
• Identify and document company risks related to technical publications and implement mitigations.
Exigences du poste
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required; Legal or paralegal background a plus.
• 5+ years of increasing experience in export control analysis, education or licensing.
• 3+ years of manager experience, Aerospace industry a plus.
• Track record of developing staff, fostering an inclusive work environment, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with staff and peers locally and internationally
• Results-oriented manager with the ability to lead, influence and inspire diverse teams to meet project goals
• Proven ability to cultivate an environment of accountability and creativity and clearly communicate strategy to staff
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
• Broad range of engineering or industrial equipment knowledge
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution
• Ability to manage a complex workload of multiple projects and to coordinate timely activity of involved personnel
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and/or other software packages
Spécificité du travail
1 - 2 times per year
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Aero Boosters conçoit, développe et produit des compresseurs basse pression, des équipements et des bancs d'essais pour la propulsion aéronautique et spatiale. La société équipe la plupart des avions civils en service ainsi que le lanceur européen Ariane. Implanté à Liège (Belgique), Safran Aero Boosters emploie 1 800 personnes et dispose de 2 filiales aux États-Unis.