Parlons de votre future mission
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Safran Cabins a great place to work. This is a company where you can grow and advance, and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it!
We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
Safran Cabin in Marysville, WA is hiring a Design Engineer 3
This is a direct hire, full time position.
The Design Engineer 3 creates complex and innovative designs of aircraft interior products such as bins, galleys, lavatories, closets, linings or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system. The Design Engineer 3 reports to the Design Engineering Manager.
Summary of Duties:
1. Independently produce complex innovative designs, 3D models and 2D drawings of aircraft interior products within technical specification and project requirements
2. Work closely with project engineers to complete engineering deliverables per project schedule and budget
3. Create and check 3D models and 2D drawings that meet the Safran design standards using Safran processes and documentations
4. Ensure that design to cost practices are incorporated into new design to meet design cost targets
5. Organize design reviews which include all representative from the Integrated Project Team (IPT) to ensure inputs from all disciplines are captured in designs
6. Provide engineering support during production to solve technical issues
7. Drive the use of Safran Cabin standard parts and design in product development
8. Follow 3D models and 2D drawings all the way from creation through release to ensure project schedules are met
9. Lead work packages with the support of Design Engineer 1 and 2
10. Drive status of tasks and progress of work in Safran Engineering task management tool
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Parlons de vous
Minimum 8 years related experience in aerospace or electrical engineering design.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong working knowledge of CAD & PLM Systems
• Strong knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Experience with Interior design or trim & finish requirement
• Knowledge of testing and certification requirements for common aerospace components and materials
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Excellent ability to work well in a team environment and cross-functionally.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Work independently and be self-motivated
• Excellent ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Strong Knowledge of Aviation regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA)
• Good knowledge of configuration management principles
• Leadership skills with experience leading small team of engineers
Travel is required for this position.
Localisez votre futur site
12810 State Ave WA 98271
- © Safran