Description du poste
Responsible for the acquisition of material and services including price, quality, specifications, and delivery to meet manufacturing requirements. Ensure that supplier delivery schedules and quality are maintained at a level necessary to support production. Special Projects/Programs and tactical actions when needed to advance strategic supply chain opportunities by employing established procedures/processes, and leveraging supplier performance.
For 85+ years, Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (formerly Scott Aviation) has been a supplier of respiratory systems and components for aviation use. We have a reputation for commitment to quality and service and have always strived to support and delight our customers.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft. Our products are currently flying on most operating aircraft, including rotary wing.
Our products include:
• Masks for crew and passengers on civilian and military aircraft
• Cylinders for storing oxygen onboard
• Chemical generators for producing oxygen
• Regulators of all types to control oxygen pressure and flow
• Valves to control the flow of oxygen
• Accessories to stow, mount, refill, monitor, dispense and discharge
We remain dedicated to the same levels of service and performance excellence which earned the company its stellar standing in the aviation industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is located in Lancaster, New York. There is no relocation offered with this position.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Negotiate pricing, quality and delivery criteria for required materials in connection with the placement of purchase orders.
2. Analyze the above criteria to determine the proper supplier to select.
3. Process purchase requisitions for materials required for manufacturing.
4. Investigate all “Material Variance Reports” and coordinate between supplier and Quality and Engineering Departments to bring about acceptable corrective action.
5. Coordinate any supplier questions or problems with Engineering, Quality, Sales and Accounting or other Departments as required.
6. Counsel and assist other Department personnel on matters related to material acquisition problems.
7. Coordinate with other internal departments and with suppliers on any special projects or programs as assigned.
8. Prepare and maintain reports and presentations as assigned.
9. Meet with Business Unit planners to discuss delivery schedules and inform them when the suppliers scheduled deliveries do not support the requirements dates in the system. Also, notify them of any changes in supplier's deliveries as they occur.
10. Manage and facilitate all Kanban blankets
11. Manage and lead special strategic sourcing projects, specific programs and work transfers as set-forth by the organization as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Exigences du poste
Required: Associate degree in Business Management or equivalent credits in purchasing related courses
Preferred: B. A. in Business – Purchasing Major
Required: 2 - 3 years materials buyer in a manufacturing environment
Preferred: 5 years diversified buying experience. Familiar with large volume negotiations, government regulations and reports.
Special Knowledge/Skills –
Required: Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
Excellent communication skills, purchasing skills
Including negotiations, supplier evaluation, cost reduction,
Standard purchasing systems and procedures, data management
Other - Willing to travel to supplier facilities as necessary to ensure supplier performance.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Spécificité du travail
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Aerosystems est leader mondial des toboggans d'évacuation et des systèmes oxygène. La société est un acteur majeur dans les systèmes de sécurité et les systèmes de fluides pour les avions et les hélicoptères.