Parlons de votre future mission
Responsible for the acquisition of material and services including price, quality, specifications, and delivery to meet manufacturing requirements. Ensure that supplier delivery schedules and quality are maintained at a level necessary to support production.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Negotiate pricing, quality and delivery criteria for required materials in connection with the placement of purchase orders.
2. Analyze the above criteria to determine the proper supplier to select.
3. Process purchase requisitions for materials required for manufacturing.
4. Investigate all “Material Variance Reports” and coordinate between supplier and Quality and Engineering Departments to bring about acceptable corrective action.
5. Coordinate any supplier questions or problems with Engineering, Quality, Sales and Accounting or other Departments as required.
6. Counsel and assist other Department personnel on matters related to material acquisition problems.
7. Coordinate with other internal departments and with suppliers on any special projects or programs as assigned.
8. Prepare and maintain reports as assigned.
9. Meet with Business Unit planners to discuss delivery schedules and inform them when the suppliers scheduled deliveries do not support the requirements dates in the system. Also, notify them of any changes in supplier's deliveries as they occur.
10. As necessary to be responsible for developing small disadvantaged suppliers and attaining Purchasing's objectives on purchases compliant with Military or Government contracts.
11. Manage supplier performance and ensure feedback is provided to each supplier with the focus on maintaining and improving supplier performance.
There is no relocation associated with this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Et en complément ?
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
For 85+ years, Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (formerly Scott Aviation) has been a supplier of respiratory systems and components for aviation use. We have a reputation for commitment to quality and service and have always strived to support and delight our customers.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc.) provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft. Our products are currently flying on most operating aircraft, including rotary wing.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law
Parlons de vous
Required: Associate degree in Business Management or equivalent credits in purchasing related courses
Preferred: B. A. in Business – Purchasing Major
Required: 2 - 3 years materials buyer in a manufacturing environment
Preferred: 5 years diversified buying experience. Familiar with large volume negotiations, government regulations and reports.
Special Knowledge/Skills –
Required: Excellent communication skills, purchasing skills
Including negotiations, supplier evaluation, cost reduction,
Standard purchasing systems and procedures, data
Other - Willing to travel to supplier facilities as necessary to ensure supplier performance
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Aerosystems est leader mondial des toboggans d'évacuation et des systèmes oxygène. La société est un acteur majeur dans les systèmes de sécurité et les systèmes de fluides pour les avions et les hélicoptères.
- © Safran