Parlons de votre future mission
Main Objectives/Basic Functions
Responsible in managing and sourcing the local & regional supply base for Indirect products & services for the facilities located on the west coast of the United States. This will include the process from the sourcing up to the contract management during the life of the contract
Duties & Responsibilities
• Accountable for the development, negotiation and administration of various types of agreements for indirect materials, operating supplies and facility services.
• Source and develop a supply base that provides maximum value to Safran companies
• Develops, leads and maintains purchasing plans to maximize value added activities
• Identify and initiate process improvements, standardization, cost saving opportunities and value added supplier programs between plant personnel and suppliers.
• Participate in cross-functional projects as required and perform the established administrative functions to support role.
• Formalize and execute the local & regional Indirect purchasing strategy (e.g. local tooling).
• Manage the Savings Plan in the system assigned for the sites under his/her purview & associated contractualization
• Liaise and co-ordinate with various departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, Production, Quality, Program Management, Facilities etc.) and other Safran sites as required to maximize customer service and opportunities
• Draft a monthly savings reporting slide deck and present the results and actions to the company leadership
• Be the prime focal for 1 or 2 companies in charge of liaising between the central purchasing functions and the site leadership to address ongoing actions, savings, roadblocks and opportunities
• Resolve daily general issues as required.
Et en complément ?
***This role must be based in California***
Parlons de vous
Skills & Core Competencies: Purchasing process leadership skills, strong negotiation skills, ability to implement and maintain contractual relationships; strong understanding of financials, production knowledge; analytical and results oriented.
Education &/or Certifications: A relevant University Degree (e.g. Supply Chain, Business, Engineering Technologist or Operations Management) and/or APICS, CPIM or CIRM/PMAC Certification
Work Experience: Ideally 3 - 5 years purchasing experience in aerospace manufacturing or high tech environment (preferred International Aerospace experience) or in Mechanical Industrial Engineering; experience in leading Projects within multi-functional teams. Engineering technical background an asset.
Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge of production control processes, MRP & flow management; familiarity with indirect materials, facilities buying and operations supplies. Project Management Skills, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP applications; Strong familiarity with contracts, contract language and the ability to negotiate various types of contracts with suppliers and maintain contractual relationships. Accounting and Financial principles
• Internal: Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment and with offsite Management. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• External: Ability to communicate effectively and represent the Purchasing function within the Supplier Panel. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Work Environment & Effort:
Mental & Sensory Demands: Time Management skills to meet deadlines/objectives. Daily word processing or computer work, development of financial data. Ability to handle project set backs and changing priorities.
Physical Effort: Hand/eye coordination for computers and applicable software programs.
Working Conditions (on or offsite): Regular office environment and movement between sites
Travel Requirements: Yes, regular travel will be needed
Localisez votre futur site
2201 W. Royal Lane #150 Irving, TX 75063
- © Safran