Parlons de votre future mission
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets.
Safran has a global presence, with more than 81,000 employees worldwide. Comprising a number of companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its markets. Safran undertakes extensive Research & Development programs to keep pace with its fast-evolving markets.
Safran, for its Electronics & Defense division, is looking for an Import Export Compliance Coordinator Specialist (Grand Prairie Texas/Irvine California)
Summary of Job Purpose:
- Responsible for providing Import/Export Compliance support for products and data handled by Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics, USA, LLC to ensure compliance with government standards and regulations.
- Facilitating and implementing proactive export compliance solutions, maintaining classification of all Export Compliance items and data management licenses and associated recordkeeping in accordance with government standards and regulations as well as assisting in administering audit activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring applicable authorizations and licenses are in place to properly export SEDA hardware or technical data.
- Classify all imported parts under the Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) using GRI'S, CROSS and Explanatory Notes
- Assign and manage US export jurisdiction and classification (support: SharePoint, Enovia)
- Act as a subject matter expert for the classification of Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC products: work with various data sources, technical experts, engineers, product and sourcing managers located in three different locations ( CA, TX, MX) and others to obtain and interpret the data (including specification documents, schematics, product descriptions and other technical data) necessary for accurate classification;
- Support export shipments to ensure shipping documents are accurate, and export filings are correct and timely.
- Interface with Fedex and UPS to provide support for clearance of goods, and to resolve problems or answer questions concerning SEDA's import shipments.
- Work with Import - Export Compliance Manager and Safran USA as needed, to prepare responses to CBP requests and notices in a timely fashion (CBP28's, CBP29's).
- Work with customs brokers – UPS & FEDEX - to address any Partner Government Agency flags as needed and to escalate when necessary to Compliance team.
- Read, analyze and interpret complex procedures or regulations and write correspondence and procedural documents that will have internal and/or external audience.
- Maintain records in accordance with import and export regulatory recordkeeping requirements and Safran Policy.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by management.
- Keep management informed on risk mitigation action plan
Et en complément ?
Support and train operation teams on import and export processes and updates (annual awareness program for teams located on three sites)
- Participate to the improvement of our SAP, SharePoint, documentation library and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with ACE portal desired relevant to both import and export activities
- Knowledge in DECCS (Electronic licensing system used by the DDTC – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls) desired
- Knowledge in SNAP-R system (Electronic licensing system used by BIS – Bureau of Industry and Security) desired
- Knowledge in using US Census Foreign Trade Schedule B system desired
- Knowledge in using US International Trade Commission HTS online reference tool desired
- Knowledge in interpreting the USML, CCL, Schedule B, and HTS information desired
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating strong critical thinking skills with the ability to clearly present complicated technical concepts to global users.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to review and understand technical data for export classifications for product types
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, and other teams
- Excellent computer skills: SAP, MS Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Accuracy and rigor, detail oriented
- Results oriented
- Good writing and articulation skills
- Time management skills
Parlons de vous
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution desired
- 3 years import/export compliance experience preferred (Proficiency with HTS, and use of General Rules of Interpretation) desired
- In-depth knowledge of the General Rules of Interpretation, US and non-US Harmonized Tariff Schedules
- In depth knowledge of export jurisdiction and classification.
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry in an export control or compliance position is strongly preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Localisez votre futur site
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
- © Safran