Description du poste
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets.
Safran has a global presence, with more than 81,000 employees worldwide after the acquisition of Zodiac Aerospace, and has around €25 billion in adjusted revenue. Comprising a number of companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its markets. Safran undertakes extensive Research & Development programs to keep pace with its fast-evolving markets.
Safran, for its Electronics & Defense division, is looking for an Export Compliance Officer.
Summary of Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Director of Governance & Compliance the primary focus of the Export Compliance Officer is the day-to-day oversight of the activities performed by SEDA personnel assigned to various locations, and ensure compliance with the U.S. Export Control Laws, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and the Export Administration Regulations in conjunction with company compliance and policies. Responsible for supporting daily operations and export transactional release of US exports in compliance with the US Export Control Laws and regulations
Key Responsibilities (include and are not limited to):
- Ensures importing, exporting, and supply chain security activities comply with USG laws, implementing regulations, and guidelines.
- Drafting timely export licenses, technical assistance agreements, technology control plans, and other forms of export licensing requests for submission to regulatory agencies.
- For applicable foreign business partners and end-users, ensure that appropriate safeguards for the inadvertent transfer of controlled technology, data, and hardware are in place. Ensure that relevant SEDA export compliance policies are fully supported and implemented.
- Advises Program Managers on licensing policies, regulations, guidelines, and practices under EAR and ITAR. Responds to inquiries on the application of export control regulations and licensing policies/practices/guidelines to international transactions and program activities.
- Participate in planning, organizing, and supporting company export compliance training and other SEDA compliance initiatives. Perform compliance in-briefings and out-briefings for employees working under SEDA export authorizations.
- Identify export issues, develop solutions and provide guidance to the Director of Governance & Compliance on resolving issues to support business objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal policies.
- Managing internal and external audits and self-assessments.
- Analyze products to determine export jurisdiction, commodity classifications, and Schedule B/HTS.
- Work with Vendors on classification of defense articles.
- Manage the Export control team. Ensure the team receives the necessary training to perform their work
Exigences du poste
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline such as international business, management, or engineering from an accredited educational institution and five (5)+ years of experience managing an export and trade compliance program OR ten (10)+ years of equivalent experience in export/import management, logistics, international trade, or related areas.
- Customs Broker License (LCB), Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO) or Certified US Import Compliance Officer (CUSICO) certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of import and export regulations including expert knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the U.S. Import Regulations (19 CFR), and the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as others that may apply.
- Strong USML/ECCN jurisdiction & HTS classification skills.
- Familiarity with U.S. government regulations, procedures and organizations is highly desired
Position requires an individual who is a self-starter, detailed oriented and well organized
- Strong leadership, management of two ECC's (provide feedback, mentorship, training)
- The ability to interpret complex and/or detailed regulations, with limited guidance and/or direction required
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills required
- Requires excellent written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate, with a customer-oriented attitude
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, and other teams
- Strong understanding of U.S. government agency responsibilities in the export licensing review process and their interrelationships is desired.
- Excellent computer skills: SAP & MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry in an export control or compliance position is strongly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Electronics & Defense est un leader mondial de solutions et de services permettant d'observer, de décider et de guider pour les marchés civils et de défense. La société maîtrise des technologies d'intelligence embarquée dans de nombreux domaines et participe à de nombreux programmes innovants dans l'aéronautique, le spatial et la défense.