Parlons de votre future mission
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Reporting to the Manager, Test Engineering, the Test Engineer 2 is responsible defining, planning, performing, documenting, and analyzing a variety of tests for aircraft interior products, systems, components and modifications, including more complex components and systems. The Test Engineer 2 is involved in root cause analysis of test failures, and participates in activities to optimize cost, weight, function, and other requirements of the product.
• Collaborate with testing team and other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Testing covers but is not limited to environmental (temperature variation, humidity, vibration etc.), accelerated life, static loading, dynamic loading, material characterization, fire properties, acoustic, operational, electrical, refrigeration, airflow and plumbing test of aircraft interior systems and components to substantiate their design requirements, assure product reliability and maturity upon entry into service while optimizing cost, weight, function. Works independently.
• Conduct tests at the engineering prototype level for design development purpose, or serial production level towards the qualification/certification of aircraft interior products, including more complex products or test set-ups. Types of tests may include:
o Environmental, operational, or performance tests on electrical and electromechanical products, either experimental, prototype, or serial production aircraft interior products, including development and DO160 tests
o Flammability tests in order to characterize fire properties of aircraft interior products, including Bunsen burner, heat release, smoke density, toxicity, and fire containment testing
o Material characterization tests on aircraft interior products, including mechanical allowable testing of composite panels and inserts, adhesive properties, and accelerated aging
o Load testing (static, robustness, abuse) by applying loads using gravity, hydraulics machinery, tensile test machine, force gages, load cells and / or other equipment with the assistance of qualified technicians.
o Accelerated life tests on mechanical and electromechanical assemblies
• Design and fabricates testing and test-control apparatus and equipment, under the direction of more senior test engineers, with the help of test technicians.
• Create testing documentation (test plans, test procedures) or use existing documentation to conduct and document test execution. Create test datasheets and test reports from test plans
Et en complément ?
• Work on test equipment, test article definition and integration into test set up. Document and analyze test cases, perform scheduled test inspections, collect and log test data into datasheets, provide regular progress reports. Create testing documentation and reports from test plans.
• Perform calibration and preventative maintenance on test equipment and systems. Make entries into calibration record.
• Work closely and constructively with the team to gain consensus on the best strategy for the resolution of testing and engineering design issues.
• Provide technical expertise and gather compliance matrix requirements information during product development / engineering reviews for resolution.
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, or related field
Experience: Minimum 3 years' experience in Aerospace Manufacturing, Design, Analysis, and/or testing environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with CAD, PLM Systems, and Computational Based Analytical Software
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Experience working aircraft OEM
• Knowledge of testing and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Good knowledge of testing and certification requirements for common aerospace components and materials
• Familiarity with Aviation regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA)
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Progressing business acumen to assist in understanding budgets, providing project health metrics to management, and understanding resourcing programs
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally
• Good communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
Description: Mid-level position within field
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Traveling may be required.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Localisez votre futur site
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.
- © Safran