Description du poste
Safran Cabin is headquartered in Huntington Beach and is seeking a Supply Chain experienced CI Specialist to help support our domestic offices, particularly in the greater OC area.
The Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Specialist participates as a team member in a continuous improvement and/or efficiency projects within Safran Cabin or supplier site. This role focuses on improving supply chain systems, operations and processes. Using Green Belt six-sigma methodology, assists in the development of improvement methodologies, key performance indicators and deployment of rapid turnaround improvements. Carries out these duties as part of the overall function within the supply chain organization, reporting directly to the Director, Global Supply Chain.
1. Identify and deliver measurable improvement activity across supply chain through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking. Recommend appropriate methodologies to problem solving, develop test solutions, and support team in final implementation of a ‘best-in-class' continuous improvement strategy.
2. Conduct process mapping, value stream mapping, identifying inefficiencies in productivity with focus on layouts and sequencing. Carry out time and motion studies to support operational improvements.
3. Collaborate with key business stakeholders to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change. Support and help coordinate improvement workshops and Kaizen events.
4. Develop and maintain specific project and department level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with focus on rapid cost, quality, and/or schedule improvements. Prepare quarterly department presentation of team key performance indicators. Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported, and managed.
5. Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance. Perform post-project health check work place audits to ensure sustainability of implemented solutions and advise on needed revisions
6. Collaborate with team members and departments in developing and executing lean principles to reduce inventory, lead-time, and waste to improve process quality.
7. Support the organization in establishing “best practice”.
8. Recommend software, hardware, processes and procedures that help improve global supply chain.
9. Train and educate team members in lean principles and improvement team successes. Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based workshops to drive ideas and solutions.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned
Exigences du poste
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant focal
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Required
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification – Preferred
• Minimum 5 years' experience in Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Production, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or combination
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and value stream mapping
• Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead improvement sessions with a range of business stakeholders
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of employees, senior managers, and subject matter experts
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Excellent leadership level presentation skills
• Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.