Parlons de votre future mission
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Reporting to Supplier Performance Regional Manager, the Supplier Performance Engineer monitors, analyzes, and executes actions to ensure effective supplier performance. This position interacts with internal cross-functional groups, customers, and suppliers to define, coordinate, and deploy improvement activities utilizing appropriate project management and improvement tools and techniques. These activities are achieved via monitoring and detection initiatives including onsite audit/assessment, as well as monthly and quarterly risk reviews of suppliers.
Mission & Objectives
• Follow and manage the industrial performance (Quality, Delivery, and Cost) for a panel of suppliers. This shall be throughout the entirety of the product and project lifecycle with said suppliers.
• Manage Supplier action plans in case of recurring performance deviations until acceptable performance has been attained and sustained
• As part of the implemented contract, obtain and lead the implementation of supplier improvement plans to facilitate continuous improvement of the suppliers maturity level.
• Ensure the consistency of initiated improvement actions with all supply chain stakeholders
• Undertake key pre-supplier selection activities – Risk Analysis & Capacity Assessment
• Lead the quality and logistical performance of supplier panel in accordance with internal stakeholders including procurement, quality, and purchasing to ensure alignment of Mid Term Plan (MTP) and corporate strategy
• Identify trends and poor performing suppliers, taking action as necessary to improve supplier performance and capability
• Drive key stakeholders to define and deliver the corrective action plans, ensuring results are achieved and sustainable with a key focus on production readiness, audits, and for systematic quality issues.
• Perform onsite supplier assessments and evaluations related to: Compliance, Capacity, Production Control, Change Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality, etc. Manage findings and close out in a robust manner
• Lead the supplier performance reviews with select panel of suppliers, coordinating outcomes to key business stakeholders
• Monitor supplier risks and ensure Cabin surveillance plan is topical at all times – ensure that key issues are flagged to the business, and a plan is developed to drive internal actions and improvements at suppliers to minimize or eliminate risks
• Act as the focal point for performance issues in relation to logistics and programs teams, according to escalation process
• Adhere to safe working practices and contributes to the evolution of the Health, Safety, and Environmental program and culture
Et en complément ?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Management, or related field of study
Experience: 5+ years of progressive Engineering, Quality, Supplier Quality, or Supplier Development experience within Aerospace, Automotive, or Mechanical Manufacturing environment
Other Skills: Same as Level 1, plus
• Solid operational experience: Supplier Performance or Supplier Development within a purchasing/logistic/quality industrial organization.
• Experience in leading improvement workshops – Quality/Lean Tools such as FMEA, 8D, 5W, Ishikawa, etc.
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
• Advanced problem-solving skills – ability to analyze a problem and determine potential root causes in a timely fashion to make calculated risk decision when ambiguity can be a factor.
• Demonstrable leadership experience – influencing, teamwork, conflict resolution, with strong communication skills at all levels of management both internally and with suppliers
• Proven ability to work tactically with a strategic objective. This shall require a high level of self-motivation and job planning in order to achieve goals and meet deadlines working autonomously.
• Experience working in a matrix organization
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The expected salary range for this position is between $64,500 - $91,630 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
Localisez votre futur site
5701, Bolsa avenue, CA 92647