Parlons de votre future mission
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 36 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Reporting to the Manager, Stress Engineering, the Stress Engineer 3 performs structural evaluation of aircraft primary and secondary structure as well as interior products to ensure compliance to applicable requirements independently. Utilize strong knowledge of structural requirements, analysis techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures. Support design engineering and certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development. May hold team lead duties.
1. Prepare and review complex structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, static test plans, static test results, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis
2. Work with minimal guidance from Stress Engineers 4 to complete substantiation documents, and provide guidance for Stress Engineers 1 and 2
3. Research all relevant technical specifications, aircraft configurations and data to understand the loading environment and structural requirements, and advise Design Engineering
4. Consistently communicate with Program/Engineering Managers, senior Stress Engineers and Product/Project Engineers to provide structural feedback and status their portion of the project.
5. Lead M&S input of information for design reviews (kick off, Preliminary Design Review, and Critical Design Review)
6. Approve drawings and Engineering Change Notices for structural airworthiness at Configuration Control Board meetings
7. Review and disposition for nonconformance reports to validate repair schemes
8. Manage individual and overall project tasks to schedule and budget in the Engineering Task Management System
9. Support and lead development of processes and standards for the Stress Domain
10. Engage with Customer on Technical Meetings
11. Oversee and mentor less experienced Stress Engineers
12. Considered to be subject matter expert, participate in internal design reviews not only in stress domain but in others as well.
13. Ensure task deadlines are met
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Et en complément ?
May act as team lead, overseeing test technicians and junior Stress Engineers. Duties may include scheduling work, monitoring/ creating tasks, approving timecards, training staff and contributing feedback to annual performance reviews.
The expected salary range for this position is between $109,800 - $158,600 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Civil, or related Engineering field.
Experience: Minimum 8 year of stress analysis experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong knowledge of CAD, PLM Systems and Computational Based Analytical Software
• Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and company specifications.
• Must have a Strong understanding of load paths, stability of structure, and aircraft structural behavior. Must be fully capable of performing analysis with classical equations and with numerical (Finite Element) analysis methods
• Proficient understanding with some capability in finite element analysis and rigid body analysis utilizing commercial software
• High Level proficiency with static test equipment, fixtures and procedures.
• Full knowledge and application of the Stress Engineering Manual
• Strong understanding of material properties, material test methods and processes to obtain material design values including Statistical Methods (CMH17) as it applies to strength basis, material substitution and controlling material.
Description: Senior-level position within field.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Traveling may be required.
Localisez votre futur site
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647