Parlons de votre future mission
The cost accountant is responsible for all divisions within Safran Cabin. Analyzes material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, or other cost-related performance measures. This position reports to department Manager.
• Collect and analyze data to determine production costs by performing the following:
o Variance Analysis
o Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
o Standard Costing
o Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
o Inventory Valuation Analysis
o Ad-hoc financial analysis
• Assist Controllers in preparing financial reports and give recommendations based on available data.
• Assist Controllers in preparing Standard Costing as needed.
• Demonstrate understanding of BOM & Routings for cost validation.
• Provide reports and back up to internal and external auditors as requested.
• Update ERP with Overhead & Labor Rate Calculations supplied by Controllers.
• Assist in Cross Functional Training of Cost Accounting Concepts
• Perform period end closing activities and perform journal entries and GL account analysis.
• Perform account reconciliations to drive accuracy in inventory cycle and review with Controllers at Balance Sheet Review meetings.
• Perform Error Clearing and work with appropriate departments to resolve recurring issues.
• Perform Annual Cost roll with multi-week validations.
• Prepare audit reports and present findings to management to improve transparency
• Assist with physical inventory audits as requested.
• Assist as required with special projects and perform all other duties as assigned
• Provides mentoring and coaching to junior cost accountant employees.
• Handles the most complex issues.
• Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
• Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: 10+ years' experience in an accounting department for a large manufacturer.
• Familiarity with Windows Operating System.
• Demonstrated solid understanding/use of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Intermediate knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel.
• Strong demonstrated use of Windows Operating System.
• Thorough understanding/use of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Advanced knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel.
Other Skills: Detailed oriented and accuracy is a must, 10-key by touch.
• 10-key by touch
• Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
• Understanding of organizational accounting concepts
• In-depth knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Ability to perform risk and security assessments
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
• Ability to collaborate with other different functions and foster teamwork
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Relevant Certification
Description: Senior-level position within field.
Traveling may be required
Localisez votre futur site
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
- © Safran