Description du poste
The Project Engineer 2 (PE2) is responsible for all engineering and technical aspects of a specific system, subsystem, or component of a product. The PE2 serves as the primary contact point for the design, development, qualification, certification, and integration of the product. The PE2 also provides technical inputs regarding budget, procurement, and scheduling for those items under the responsibility of Engineering. The PE2 is responsible for monitoring progress, and providing management the appropriate visibility on all aspects of the project.
The PE2 is responsible and accountable for ensuring that all assigned engineering personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. A PE2 typically leads a moderate NRE/medium-high revenue growth program comprised of multiple/complex monuments and/or with new technology. A PE2 is usually assigned to a medium or medium high risk program contained in a large single site or multiple sites. The program is typically for an established customer with multiple subcontractors. May directly supervise 1 to 10 Design Engineers.
Communication (internal and external) [PE Competency]
• Primary technical contact for the project internally and externally.
• Creates and manages the Features Analysis / Long Lead item list to ensure an on-time First Article Inspection (FAI).
• Issues design memorandums and meeting minutes.
• Responsible for notifying certification departments throughout the program, as a planning function, of changes to the design that impact certification aspects.
Coordinating Inter-facility / Department / Business Unit Integration [Program Complexity Span of Control]
• Ensures up-front integration of Industrial Design requirements.
• Defines the standard parts, materials, and notes to be used to ensure commonality across all products.
• Ensures correct integration of products and equipment from other facilities or BUs
• Coordinates activities during initial production of new product designs to prevent, evaluate and/or resolve engineering related production and installation problems.
• Coordinates the construction of samples, mockups, prototypes, and the execution of development tests, to minimize the risk of failures of new, untested materials, or designs.
• Provides the Certification and Technical Publications departments the information required to meet all report and manual submittal requirements for the airframe manufacturer, regulatory agency, and the customer.
Exigences du poste
Design Leadership [PE Competency]
• Contributes to the preparation of proposals, including the development of statements of work and non-recurring engineering estimates.
• Formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
• Establishes and tracks all design criteria associated with the product throughout the duration of the project and disseminates them to all engineering team.
• Leads and manages the design input to all customer and internal design review meetings.
Overall Technical Success of the Project & First Time Quality [PE Competency]
• Responsible for product design conformity to engineering principles, and compliance to regulatory requirements, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
• Defines the test requirements necessary to satisfy regulatory certification requirements, and to develop robust, reliable products.
• Drives the engineering team to Design-for-Manufacturing (DFM).
• Facilitate frequent IDR (Internal Design Review) meetings ensuring participation with Senior Design engineers from different programs and Experts from within our organization.
• Responsible for managing and meeting the weight and schedule for design deliverables for the project.
• Approves 2D and 3D design data.
Technical Management [Technical Risk / Financial Impact]
Technical Schedule Management
• Use Task Management Software to create and maintain a project plan including manpower requirements, while monitoring the progress of the design against the plan; informs management when schedule will not be met so that adjustments can be made.
• Provide management with frequent (preferred weekly) Task Management Software progress reports.
• Status and track suppliers engineering progress to support program requirements.
• Responsible for financial targets as established by the Project Manifesto with regards to Bill of Materials, Tooling, Materials, Processes, and other KPIs as applicable.
• Drives the engineering team to Design-to-Cost (DTC).
Technical Scope and Change Management
• Monitors scope of work changes that may affect schedule, cost, or weight and communicates impacts to the Program Manager.
• Evaluates and approves design changes.
• Maintains the certified status of the project.
Team Development [PE Competency]
• Supports and develops the overall technical competency of the project team through mentoring, formal training, and on-the-job experience.
• Assesses the skills of the team and works with the Engineering Manager to make formal training plans.
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5-10 years of experience working on aircraft products with expanding responsibilities relating to program execution. At least three (3) years on programs requiring FAA or EASA certification.
Managerial Experience: 3-7 years of experience in Project Management, broad knowledge of Project Engineer competencies.
Spécificité du travail
Travel: The ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required to support customer meetings and design reviews.
Computer Skills: Experience with Windows 7 Operating System, MS Office: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. CATIA V5 (viewing and analyzing), SmarTeam.
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- Desired leadership experience in Aerospace (functional lead, project lead)
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.