Parlons de votre future mission
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Reporting to the Manager, Modeling & Simulation, the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Engineer 2 performs structural evaluation of aircraft primary and secondary structure as well as interior products to ensure compliance to applicable requirements with minimal oversight. Utilize proficient knowledge of structural requirements, analysis techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures. Support design engineering and certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development.
Et en complément ?
• Prepare and review complex structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis
• Prepare complex structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis
• Work with guidance from more senior M&S and Stress Engineers to complete substantiation documents
• Research all relevant technical specifications, aircraft configurations and data to understand the loading environment and structural requirements and advise design engineering with minimal oversight by more senior Stress and M&S Engineers
• Consistently communicate with Program/Engineering Managers, senior Stress and M&S Engineers and Product/Project Engineers to provide structural feedback and project status
• Participate in, and provide information, for design reviews (kick off, Preliminary Design Review, and Critical Design Review)
• Provide support for, and may approve, drawings and Engineering Change Notices for structural airworthiness at Configuration Control Board meetings
• Review nonconformance reports to validate repair schemes with minimal oversight of senior Stress and M&S Engineers
• Manage individual tasks to schedule and budget in the Engineering Task Management System
• Support development of processes, standards, and methodologies for the M&S Domain
• Engage with senior Stress and M&S Engineers on Customer Technical Meetings
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, or related engineering field
Experience: Minimum 3 years of stress analysis experience
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficient knowledge of CAD, PLM Systems and Computational Based Analytical Software
• Fully capable of performing analysis with classical equations and with numerical (Finite Element) analysis methods
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and company specifications.
• Proficient understanding and capability in finite element analysis or CFD and rigid body analysis utilizing commercial software
• Proficient understanding of material properties, material test methods, and processes to obtain material design values including Statistical Methods (CMH17) as it applies to strength basis, material substitution, and controlling material.
• Proficient with static test equipment, fixtures, and procedures
• Advanced knowledge and application of the Stress Engineering Manual
Description: Mid-level position within field
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Traveling may be required.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.
- © Safran