Description du poste
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
The Manager, Engineering- Modeling & Simulation, is responsible for leading the global multi-site Modeling & Simulation Engineering Team supporting Engineering at all sites in Safran Cabin. This position will report to the Director, Modeling & Simulation for Cabin Core Engineering.
The manager is also responsible for setting metrics, and measuring performance for the Stress Engineering team. The Manager, Engineering- Modeling & Simulation will work in conjunction with the Manager, Engineering- Stress (Europe) and the Manager, Engineering- Stress (North America) to drive standard practices and procedures for Stress Engineering across all divisions.
• Plans and directs the work of the highly skilled multi-site Modeling & Simulation staff to achieve product certification objectives.
• Supports development of new Modeling and Simulation capabilities and validated methodologies within the team; Responsible for supporting strategy for delivering a robust Certification by Analysis capability to all divisions across Cabin.
• Actively works with the engineering disciplines to ensure that modeling and simulation is utilized to support product development and risk reduction activities to meet performance requirements.
• Forecasts, manages, and maintains actual vs. budgeted engineering costs, starting at the proposal phase and through the project. Monitors scheduling and team resources to meet/exceed business objectives and goals.
• Coordinates with Modeling and Simulation Chief Engineer to develop common simulation process, procedures, and best practices
• Oversees development of analytical tools, databases and work flow procedures, as needed, for efficient product completion.
• Works closely and constructively with other departments within the organization to gain consensus on the best strategy for each engineering issue.
• Demonstrate understanding of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and Company specifications.
• Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and evaluating staff; Makes recommendations, initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
Exigences du poste
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience developing Aircraft Interiors Products and Systems with exposure to Modeling & Simulation and Stress Certification process; with at least 5 years formal leadership experience with proven track record of effective team-building and talent development within a design and build organization.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), Database software, Internet software
• Understanding of Modeling & Simulation Software and capabilities
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development, and effective change management
• Experience with Modeling and Simulation tools and technology
• Experience driving capability development and implementation in an engineering environment
• Understanding of analytical model correlation to test
• Aviation/Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience
• Experience working with the FAA, EASA and other Regulatory Agencies
• Proven ability to effectively interface with global aircraft interior customers (i.e. Commercial Aircraft OEMs)
• Ability to build effective working relationships, persuade and influence, and problem-solve complex issues
• Experience coaching and managing a team of engineers including conducting annual performance reviews
• Excellent organization and communication skills to provide direction, performance management and oversight to direct report
• Business acumen to assist in establishing budgets, providing program health metrics to management, make recommendations for resourcing programs
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals
Additional Preferred Qualifications/Skills: (not required)
• Master's Degree or MBA
• Management of teams across multiple sites
• Experience with MS Project
• Working knowledge of Part 25 Regulations as they pertain to Aircraft Interiors and
• Working knowledge of accepted design practices and solutions in Aircraft Industry
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Spécificité du travail
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.
22.10.2021 Direction Transverse R&D
Project Manager 3
Huntington Beach, California