Parlons de votre future mission
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Reporting to the Manager, Flammability Engineering, the Flammability Engineer 3 supports and leads certification of Safran Cabin aircraft interior and cargo components by authoring and checking test plans and reports for components. May hold team lead duties.
• Produce, check, and approve test plans and reports to demonstrate
flammability compliance for more complex interior and cargo components
• Work closely with Project Engineers and support junior Flammability
Engineers to complete engineering deliverables per project schedule and
• Assign proper regulatory requirements based on the part's installation and/or
material and assign test codes, or an acceptable regulatory approved non-
test method of compliance; work closely with junior Flammability Engineers
to ensure customer and regulatory requirements are understood
• Provide Project/Program support and support technical discussions with
customers; support Material Review Board via Non-Conforming Report
disposition and test failure analysis
• Adhere to Department's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), On Time
Completion and First Pass Yield; monitor own KPIs. Support analysis of KPIs
for process improvements; support junior Flammability Engineers with KPI
• Drive to leverage reduced testing through use of non-test Methods of
Compliance (MOC); train junior Flammability Engineers to be proficient at
• Ensure that all customer technical specifications/ requirements are
understood; work with junior Flammability Engineers to ensure the same
• Drive status of tasks and progress of work in Safran Cabin's Engineering Task
Management tool; provide time and cost estimates for test plan and reporting
authoring for new or changed products
• "Identify basic and non-standard test configuration for test specimens as per
the applicable regulatory requirement and FAA (Federal Aviation
approved test methods;
• work with junior Flammability Engineers on this task"
• Support Flammability Engineer 2 and Project Engineers in resolving technical
• Suggest design-to-compliance practices into new designs to help meet
design cost targets
• Work closely with junior Engineers on engineering practices, tools, and
• Provide technical leadership by supporting the resolution of compliance
challenges and internal and customer design reviews
May act as team lead, overseeing test technicians and junior Flammability Engineers. Duties may include scheduling work, monitoring/ creating tasks, approving time cards, training staff and contributing feedback to annual performance reviews
Et en complément ?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Manufacturing, Mechanical,
Chemical, Materials or related engineering field
Experience: Minimum 5 years related experience in aerospace certification
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to effectively interrogate engineering models and drawings
• Good communication and organizational skills
Description: Mid-level position within field
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Traveling may be required.
Localisez votre futur site
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
- © Safran