Description du poste
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for new design, certification and ongoing support of electrical systems for aircraft interior monuments. Must be able to work with an integrated product team and meet schedule and budget commitments.
Summary of Duties:
• Demonstrated ability to design digital and analog electronic circuits to meet functional requirements
• Ability to specify analog circuit components to satisfy spec requirements
• Ability to analyze digital circuit clocking and triggering issues
• Ability to incorporate electronic circuit designs using FPGAs
• Ability to incorporate embedded microprocessors within an electronic system design
• Ability to analyze power supply and filtering electronic designs
• Ability to design for, evaluate designs, and debug EMI protection issues
• Ability to design electronic layouts for consideration of vibration, thermal control, and testability
• Knowledge of electric motor design, selection, and specifications
• Experience in working on electronic equipment in an ESD-protected environment
• Ability to draw circuit schematics, wire lists, and component layouts using ECAD tools
• Ability to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on tests for qualification of electronic circuits
• Evaluates and resolves electronic design related production problems.
• Ability to read, modify, and debug computer software source code in C or C++
• May provide technical leadership and direction to small teams
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Exigences du poste
Level 4 Qualifications:
The Electrical Engineer 4 is responsible for the design of digital and electronic components used across the business unit product lines. Tasks include generating specifications and creating or reviewing designs, tests, debugging and some C or C++ programming, as well as technical leadership for teams internally and with suppliers. In addition the Electrical Engineer 4 will need to support development and production activities as needed.
• Generate a variety of innovative design solutions and concepts when faced with design problems; optimizing design for commonality and modularity.
• Write and or provide guidance to the creators of technical specification (CDRXXX-117) for purchased critical components.
• Initiate and lead modular design approach; Control modular design catalogues.
• Mentor entry level engineering personnel in fields of expertise.
Education: BS Engineering/Science
• 8 years engineering experience; 4-5 years in Electrical Engineering
• Possesses and applies comprehensive concepts, practices and procedures in electrical engineering
• Works with greater independence to design and develop the electrical aspects of products.
• Hands-on experience in creating, debugging, or testing electronic circuits
• Ability to design, evaluate, test, and debug digital and analog electronic circuits
• Ability to read and analyze reports, drawings, and schematics
• Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
• Team leadership experience, 1 year minimum
• MS Windows.
• Proficient knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
• CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
• AutoCAD is useful.
Description: Senior-level position within field.
Spécificité du travail
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.