Description du poste
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Summary of Duties:
• Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
• Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
o Apply Safran Cabin & Structures' engineering standards as established in CDE1000, with emphasis on Sections 2, 3, 4, 7 and 10.
• Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
• Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
• Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
• Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
• Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
o Identify problems and develop solutions.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
Exigences du poste
Understanding of full product life cycle is important to support spares requirements and the generation of CMM and IPC's.
• Generate a variety of innovative design solutions and concepts when faced with design problems; optimizing design for commonality and modularity.
• Write and or provide guidance to the creators of technical specification (CDRXXX-117) for purchased critical components.
• Initiate and lead modular design approach; Control modular design catalogues.
• Mentor entry level engineering personnel in fields of expertise.
Education: BS Engineering/Science
• 8 years engineering experience; 4-5 years in Design Engineering
• Possesses and applies comprehensive concepts, practices and procedures in design engineering
• Works with greater independence to design and develop the mechanical aspects of stand-alone products.
• Respects lead times, costs, and availability of parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product.
• Leads technical aspects of intermediate scale programs and has experience with complex interior design programs, assumes ownership of the product development through maturity.
• Key focal for Project Engineer.
• In depth understanding of airworthiness requirements for passenger aircraft interiors.
• The ability to perform basic structural calculations, an extensive understanding of materials and processes & tool constraints.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
• MS Windows.
• Proficient knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
• CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
• AutoCAD is useful.
Description: Senior-level position within field.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Spécificité du travail
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling is required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.