Parlons de votre future mission
The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring production quality, supplier quality and resolving technical issues related to our products and components to ensure near-term and long-term product quality and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Product Development and Product Change
- Incorporate Design for Quality and effective quality assurance methods into the new product introduction process.
- Work closely with Product Development Team on new product launches.
- Ensure that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified in the product specifications.
- Review quality control requirements with customer representative assuring compliance with requirements.
- Review and approve or reject the engineering documents, drawings, and data from a product quality engineering perspective.
- Review and approve or reject the Engineering Change Request (ECR) as required, actively participate in Change Review Board (CRB) and support Configuration Management activities for new and existing programs.
- Conduct Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to identify all possible failures in the assembly process as required.
- Manage quality control processes and metrics for in-process, and final inspection of materials and products.
- Identify and recommends CAPA to reduce non-conformities of manufactured products.
- Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Performs Escape management procedures, RCA, and recommends CAPA for design and manufacturing problems for internally produced products and processes.
- Report quality performance, identify and address repeating issues (collective effort with other functions).
- Drive product First Article Inspection (FAI) process.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product audit, as needed.
- Validate and approve Work Instructions (WIs).
- Focus on process standardization and process controls that achieve the expected benefits and ultimately improve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Quality Culture & Continuous Improvement
- Ensure quality processes, practices, and inputs are appropriately incorporated into entire product life cycle.
- Support creating and implementing Lean and Six Sigma strategies and tactics in production line primarily.
- Conduct internal audits and provide support on external audits as needed.
- Foster collaboration and team work to create and share new ideas, concepts, and processes.
- Work with Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, and other functional areas to develop product quality.
Et en complément ?
Safran Ventilation Systems offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Relocation assistance and/or visa sponsorship is not guaranteed for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 425.583.0810. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Parlons de vous
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering and typically 4 or more years' related work experience, or Master of Science degree in engineering and typically 2 or more years' related work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Aerospace Commercial or Military
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies (i.e. 8D, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, FAI, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience in Root Cause Analysis preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Development Process preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Configuration Management preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), experience in ERP software, Power BI and CAD software is desirable.
- Auditing experience preferred.
- Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 76 800 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,3 milliards d'euros en 2021, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé 3ème meilleur employeur mondial dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes en 2021.
Safran Ventilation Systems est un leader mondial dans le développement et la fabrication d'équipements de ventilation pour les avions commerciaux, régionaux et d'affaires, ainsi que pour les hélicoptères civils et militaires.
- © Safran