Parlons de votre future mission
A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together, contributing to our ranking by TIME as the top Aerospace & Defense company on the 2023 World's Best Companies list (#59 on the full list). the role of Design Engineer II, you use CAD software and equipment to design new products based on implemented technologies. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with customer Engineering to develop solutions tailored on customer's requirements and organize and coordinate the Development Team meetings, for design decisions. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Communicates with Customer's Engineers to define the Product Design.
• Uses computer assisted design/drafting. CATIA (preferred), AutoCAD and/or Inventor. Software and equipment to develop system designs.
• Generates Qualification Test Plans (QTPs), and Qualification Test Reports (QTRs).
• Designs test jigs and test samples for new product qualification and gets customer's approval. Coordinates the manufacturing of the jigs.
• Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings), or/and delegates to Design Engineer II, Design Engineer I and Design Drafter.
• Verifies, corrects and approved drawings and procedures.
• Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, plating and other physical sciences to complete system design.
• Design jigs and tooling based on product needs to help manufacturing.
• Makes final decision on drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts of whole system or project.
• Sketches rough layout product and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, and locations of features.
• Responsible for generating an organized file system for Production Drawings.
• Communicate with Manufacturing Engineers, QA, other Design Engineers, and Manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
• Able to work and understand the PLM system (3Dx)
• Understand and involved on the AS91000 Requirement Design Procedures/Processes.
• APQP Understand and Experience a Plus.
Discover Safran through our videos: https://www.safran-group.com/videos/safran-corporate.
Et en complément ?
Ongoing initiatives, like Women@Safran and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all of our teams in the solutions. At Safran, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Parlons de vous
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Creates solutions
• Customer focused in everything we do
• Bachelor degree (BS) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school.
• Senior Level position. Minimum seven (7) years of related experience and/or training.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Proven Project Management, Leadership and Customer Relations Skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficient skill level preferable in CATIA software. Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint). Ability to learn new graphic software.
• 3Dx Experience a Plus.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected]. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Localisez votre futur site
3790, Russell Newman Boulevard 76209