Parlons de votre future mission
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the monthly general ledger close, as well as balance sheet and income statement analysis. Ensure all financial reporting conforms to GAAP and company policies. This position will report to the Shared Service Accounting Manager.
Et en complément ?
• Perform accounting functions requiring a thorough knowledge of accounting methods, principles and practices
• Perform monthly accounting analysis and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and perform monthly review with site controller
• Research and reconcile discrepancies in general ledger accounts, bank statements and cash transaction
• Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
• Responsible for the general ledger.
• Research and reconcile discrepancies with bank statements, credit cards, and cash receipts.
• Perform various detailed month end allocations for fringe benefits, shared costs, and indirect cost allocations.
• Analyzing financial statements and reporting variances
• Assist as required with tax package preparation, physical inventory valuation, etc.
• Assist the reporting team in preparation of the monthly financial package
• Function as a lead, train lower level employees, assign duties and provide recommendations on process improvement
• Monitor outstanding checks and work with other departments to ensure proper handling according to aging status
• Work with site Controllers to complete month end closing financial activities by designated deadlines
• Record and reconcile inter-company transactions
• Clear daily errors assigned
• Assist with internal and external audits
Parlons de vous
Education: Bachelor's Degree concentration in Accounting/Finance
Experience: 5+ years of experience in accounting
• Thorough knowledge and experience with accounting systems and financial statement preparation.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Financial statement review and general ledger experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Familiarity with windows based operating systems
• Proficient use of MS Office Suite products including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Preferred Skill (not required):
• CPA preferred
Minor travelling may be required
- © Safran