Parlons de votre future mission
The Senior Product Engineer, Rotating Equipment will be responsible for the research, analysis, design, development, debugging and modification of Rotating Equipment such as AC or DC motors and motor driven vacuum generators, air compressors and water pumps for the commercial aerospace industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently owns, or leads a team for small/medium size product development.
• Reviews, checks and approves work done by peers and lower level engineers.
• Provides guidance and training to lower level engineers.
• Assesses standard work and support or lead improvement projects.
• Understands how various groups (engineering, industrialization, operations) work together and is able to navigate through the company.
• Analyze customer requirements and validate them by analysis/modeling/prototyping or based on existing product performance
• Create hardware requirements specification and hardware interface control documents
• Create verification plan for validating product compliance to requirements
• Able to interface independently with technical analysts to define the product design
• Able to interface independently with existing and/or new suppliers and OEMs
• Performs sub-component selection and analysis of design performance margin
• Performs component selection & obsolescence management
• Creates design tools to help define the product design, capture lessons learned and improve rotating equipment development process
• Creates hardware design document that covers design analysis, notes, and specific guidelines followed
• Create design verification test procedure (DVTP) and report (DVTR)
• Perform product performance testing and analysis to ensure that requirements are met and generate test reports
• Independently finds or creates solutions to problems requiring research, resourcefulness and creativity
• Creates qualification test procedure (QTP) and report (QTR)
• Supports feasibility, development, validation, verification, and qualification testing at Monogram and at external test laboratories.
• Develops and validates acceptance test procedures (ATP) consisting of visual and dimensional inspections, functional testing, proof pressure testing, etc. for the ease of testing in a manufacturing setting
• Utilizes sound technical problem solving to support ongoing projects
• Follows sound engineering principles to ensure designs meet airworthiness standards, customer requirements and Safran internal standards
• Reviews critically and presents findings and trade studies
• Provides input to program and project managers
Parlons de vous
. • Hands on experience with mechanical analysis: thermal, bearings, seals, containment, modal, thrust load, clearances, balance
• Hands on experience with mechanical design: Pressure generation (impeller, deswirl, housings) design and efficiency, Motor design and performance characteristics, Thermal management design
• Hands on experience with materials & processes: Awareness of material interaction including incompatible materials, materials selection, corrosion, etc. Has skill to determine materials within the product and provides input to M&P reports Fire Properties plan and report, REACH compliance.
• Technical Ability to use and create simulation tools. Experience in laboratory testing, instrumentation setup and data analysis. Ability to review critically the design features and tolerances affecting critical performance.
• Hands experience with aerospace standards: RTCA/DO-160 guidelines, knowledge in major aerospace OEM electronics design guidelines. Ability to determine whether design complies with requirements and regulations
- © Safran