Parlons de votre future mission
The candidate should expect to lead a team to establish, manage and ensure compliance to the customer, regulatory, aircraft, and system-level requirements including demonstrating compliance through safety assessment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures adherence to schedule, budget and quality in accordance with program requirements.
• Effectively leads and manages a team of Engineers to establish and implement technical requirements
• Provide critical design feedback as it relates to safety and requirements verification to a team of certification engineers, designees, systems engineers, and design engineers
• Analyzes customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of physical, functional and program interfaces
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating staff. Makes recommendations, initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
• Conducts 1:1 discussion, annual performance reviews and mid-year reviews and salary adjustments.
• Coaches, trains, and mentors a team of Systems Engineers to keep all team members working efficiently.
• Develops, maintains, and identifies improvements for planning, organization, implementation (including training) and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes
• Responsible for input to and evaluation of Key Performance Indicators, in coordination with Engineering, including root cause analyses and corrective actions, as needed to address underperformance.
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to assist with analyses, design, development, and verification of a system solutions
• Communicates clearly with the engineering team, other departments, and vendors, as required, to facilitate smooth completion of Custom Cabin Interior (DCCI) designs.
• Prepares staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues, and sets a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Assists with bids and estimations of costs for new programs.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Et en complément ?
Custom Cabin Interior (DCCI) Core Competencies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Parlons de vous
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or STEM related field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 8 years industry experience; a minimum of 4 years experience successfully leading a team of engineers,
• 5+ years experience working in aircraft industry with a focus on systems development, design, safety assessment, and certification of aircraft interiors and cabin systems
• Expertise in System Engineering industry standards and methods and its application to verification and validation efforts through the development “V”
o SAE ARP4754A
o SAE ARP4761
• Working knowledge of Interior system safety documents RTCA DO-313 and FAA Advisory Circular 20-168
• Working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 25 and the 14 CFR Part 21 approach on obtaining Supplemental Type Certificates
• Familiarity with developing FMEA, FHA, PSSA, SSA and typical common cause analyses
• Basic understanding of MIL-HDBK-516 and MIL-STD-882 Military System Safety approach
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Strong written and verbal communication and effective presentation skills.
• Knowledge of aircraft interiors and drawing development, installation and FAA requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Localisez votre futur site
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran