Parlons de votre future mission
This position concerns the research of autonomous systems and artificial intelligence, with a particular focus on the application of new techniques and technologies to challenging real-world problems within the military domain. Responsibilities will include conceiving, researching, prototyping, and evaluating new algorithms, systems and architectures; guiding and collaborating with academic partners to push the boundaries of possibility; enhancing the visibility of Safran through publication and engagement with the Australian research community.
Reporting to the Head of Programs you will be responsible for conceiving, researching, prototyping, and evaluating new algorithms, systems and architectures; guiding and collaborating with academic partners to push the boundaries of possibility; enhancing visibility of Safran through publication and engagement with the Australian research community.
Et en complément ?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Build productive, collaborative relationships with academic partners in Australia as well as overseas subject matter experts
• Manage projects and stakeholders, proactively communicate progress, requirements and problems to management
• Conceive, research, propose and evaluate novel algorithms, systems & architectures
• Keep up-to-date with literature in ML/DL (continuous learning), planning and scheduling, optimisation, and human-machine interaction
• Identify product improvement/innovation requirements and steer the research towards commercially relevant outputs
• End-to-end ownership of project and project-specific field experiments (requirement gathering, data collection, data cleaning, and record keeping and sharing) in collaboration with other departments
• Regularly brainstorm approach/methods with academics (project-specific) and assess their suitability to the specified problem and translation pathways to higher TRL products
• Manage interns to contribute to proof of concept development for the ongoing research projects
• Co-supervise/engage with university postdocs and PhD students to continually enhance knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories
• Regularly communicate/discuss progress with overseas senior experts
• Actively participate in the development and protection of intellectual property
• Contribute to new proposals for collaborative or externally funded research projects
Parlons de vous
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE:
• PhD in Computer Science related discipline
• Publications in high quality journals or other demonstrable experience of impactful academic or commercially focussed research
• A track record of technical excellence in research in the field of image processing, computer vision, artificial intelligence, planning, optimisation, scheduling, human-autonomy collaboration or similar
• High level of proficiency in programming languages to guide development activities in Python/C/C++/MATLAB
• Passion for advanced research and technology
• Proactive; will take initiative, try out ideas and find solutions without needing to be told what to do
• Strategic; comfort creating order from ambiguity, able to work with limited guidance, able to prioritise and direct own research effort and that of others
• Organised; can manage own time and effort effectively, capable of setting and meeting deadlines as well as holding others to account
• Strong communication skills; capable of effectively documenting and reporting their work and communicating with research collaborators (academics) and internal stakeholders at widely varying levels of technical detail/understanding.
Localisez votre futur site
Suite 706, 109 Pitt Street 2000
Nouvelles Galles du sud Australie
- © Safran