Description du poste
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research, ongoing development, and new business requirements.
• Works with customers and management to obtain SOW approval.
• Identifies and manages changes to SOW, assesses the impact of those changes, and incorporates as required.
• Negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
• Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
• Identifies program performance metrics.
• Plans identifies and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program
• Lead a team of up to 20 engineers. Provide planning, organization, coaching, mentoring, and training.
• Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while prioritizing and assigning tasks and assignments to team members.
• Works constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan of attack on each program issue
• Communicates clearly with the engineering team, other departments, the customer and vendors as required to facilitate smooth completion of the engineering package
• Plans an engineering package, prepares staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Provides periodic project status to upper management using the latest presentation techniques.
• Stays on top of a program, delivers message to GTI Engineers, and serves as the focal point and conductor for all engineering activities on a particular program.
• Delegates responsibility to achieve efficiency.
• Evaluates and approves designs, changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
• Mentor less experienced staff to grow and develop within the company.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or equivalent, minimum 10 years industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Exigences du poste
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of aircraft structural, interior, mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Structural substantiation and certification.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
• Ability to lead team of up to 20 Engineers in productive and efficient manner to generate aircraft modification engineering.
• Ability to coach, train and mentor team of engineers.
• Ability to assess team strengths and delegate work to gain maximum results.
• Ability to work constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan for each program issue.
• Ability to prepare meeting materials, and conduct design reviews as required to keep all parties informed of progress, gain team consensus and progress the engineering package to completion.
• Ability to plan an engineering package, prepares staffing plans, anticipate critical path issues and set a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
• Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Computer skills should include the ability to use CAD systems, spreadsheets, word processing, project scheduling and project presentation software.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique. Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes. Safran Cabin est un leader mondial de l'aménagement de cabines intégrées, de systèmes de restauration à bord et d'équipements de fret.